Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2007, 09:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Fantasy in April

My wife and I were on the Conquest this past September (our first cruise), and now I'm pretty sure we are both addicted. Due to changes at her work, she can't take off an entire week until later in the year. We are both ready to get back on the water, so we are looking at a Thursday-Monday cruise on the Fantasy late in April (we are also planning on being on the Glory or Valor later in the year).
Everything about the Conquest cruise was great. No rough seas, perfect weather, large fun ship.
Does anyone think we are going to be dissappointed with the smaller, older ship and different time of year? Also, will there be a different crowd on the Fantasy than was on the Conquest because of the length of the cruise or time of year?
Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2007, 09:20 PM
Passenger

Hi! Glad you loved your first cruise. I was on the Fantasy quite a few years ago with a friend but at that time I had not been on a larger ship. Now that I have I don't know if I could go back. April should be great for weather so that won't be a problem. I found that there seemed to be alot of older folks but who knows if that's typical. I think if you find a really good deal then go for it but be open-minded and remind yourself that it's going to be different.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 09:50 PM
Admiral

I'm glad you are going to get back on the water! I understand completely. My two cents worth, I don't think the size of the ship will really be an issue, if you truly enjoy cruising. The thing that concerned we when we booked our first 4-day cruise on the Ecstasy, was the fact that it was 4-day and not a 7 day cruise. Due to current circumstances, 4 days is all I can plan at this time. What I discovered is that the day of embarkation is just like any other cruise -- lots of excitement. The last full day on board is just like any other cruise -- kind of winding down, thinking about what all you did, thinking about packing, just chillin' in general. The difference was the number of days in between. As a result, it didn't bother me that it was only 4 days and not 7. Of course, 7 days is MUCH better, but not possible right now. And my cruise next week is also a 4-day .

Having said all that, if 4 days is all you can do right now and the ships happens to be smaller, jump on it and have a blast. Also, April is a great time to cruise. Bigger and better cruises will be forthcoming. 8)
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13