Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2007, 10:11 PM
Beginner

Default GLORY MENU/ CRUISE DISCUSSIONS

HI CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO FIND OUT SOME OF THE MENU OPTIONS ON THE GLORY? ALSO WHAT OTHER SITES DO YOU GO TO FOR CRUISE DISCUSSIONS? I'M NEW AT THIS.
Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Captain

You'll love the Glory, we've sailed her on both the eastern and western routes. Here's a link to carnival's sample dinner menu: http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Sam...ay_Cruise.aspx We noticed a few changes to this on our last trip 12/9/06. In addition to the dining room, you also have the lido buffet, 24hr pizza, fish-n-chips, oriental, poolside grill, and sandwich deli. I don't think I left any out. As far as another cruise message board...........well any other board is just a waste of my time!
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old January 5th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

ClevlandRocks,
Which nights were the Formal nights on your recent cruise? We enjoy the formal nights in the dinning room but we also want to go to the supper club one night and am trying to figure out what would be the best night to make reservations.

Thanks

Carnival Spirit - Mexican Riviera
Carnival Glory 2007
RCCL Navigator of the Sea 2004
Carnival Elation 2002
Old January 6th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2?
ClevlandRocks,
Which nights were the Formal nights on your recent cruise? We enjoy the formal nights in the dinning room but we also want to go to the supper club one night and am trying to figure out what would be the best night to make reservations.

Thanks
We'll also be on the Glory in July 07. First time cruisers. Can someone explain the difference between formal nights and the supper club?
Old January 8th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Beginner

We were on the Glory in early December. Formal nights are Sunday and Thursday (your two at-sea days).

The supper club is completely separate from the dining room. You have to pay $30 per person extra for the supper club. We did it on Tuesday night and felt it was worth every penny. The entire dining experience is about 2 hours. The presentation is unbelievable and the food was wonderful. Treat yourself one night - you won't be sorry. You do have to make reservations in advance.

Patty
Old January 8th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Captain

Yup, what Patty says! Sorry I didn't see this earlier or I would have responded. dhornick, formal nites are in the two (Golden+ Platinum) dining rooms and included in your fare. The supper club charges a fee for reservations. Attire is formal each nite in the supper club and 2 nites in the dining rooms. Other nites in the dining room are casual, no shorts, tank tops, or jeans although we've seen them worn.
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old January 8th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks twinmom7 and ClevelandRocks

Carnival Spirit - Mexican Riviera
Carnival Glory 2007
RCCL Navigator of the Sea 2004
Carnival Elation 2002
Old January 8th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandRocks
Yup, what Patty says! Sorry I didn't see this earlier or I would have responded. dhornick, formal nites are in the two (Golden+ Platinum) dining rooms and included in your fare. The supper club charges a fee for reservations. Attire is formal each nite in the supper club and 2 nites in the dining rooms. Other nites in the dining room are casual, no shorts, tank tops, or jeans although we've seen them worn.
Is what you pay for extra in the supper club worth it? sounds nice but dont want to go overboard (no pun intended) on costs.
Old January 8th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Admiral

Hi dhornick; It depends on what you're looking for. I'd say if you have some special occasion, ie: birthday or anniversary, then yes the supper club is worth the extra money. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I found the food aboard Glory to be very good, and so the supper club wasn't worth the extra bucks to us, but for a special occasion, or if you're a food-a-holic then by all means, spend the extra $30 per person, and go for it. It is excellent, (but so is the dining room).!

Ken
Old January 9th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Passenger

I was on the Glory for New Years .. just came off .. I can tell you that the menu has changed since my last trip the end of August .. and not for the better ... the food was much better in Aug. I was very disappointed this time around ...
legend Aug 2007
Triumph Oct 2007
Sensation Oct. 2007
Freedom Dec 2007 back to back
Liberty Feb. 2007 back to back

Sovereign of the seas Aug 08
Carnival Liberty Nov 29, 2008

Old January 13th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhornick
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandRocks
Is what you pay for extra in the supper club worth it? sounds nice but dont want to go overboard (no pun intended) on costs.
Well, my friends went to the supper club and the whole experience does really take 2-3 hours. They said that it'd be worth it if only adults were dining, no kids because their children only were able to get through half the main course!
Old January 13th, 2007, 02:57 AM
Passenger

The supper club is well worth the experience if you are into great food and service ... I did it in end of August with some great friends ... the presentation was out of theis world .. all were taking pics of the food before we ate it ... I would compare the food I ate to a Ritz Carlton experience ... was it worth the extra money ... I thought so ..
legend Aug 2007
Triumph Oct 2007
Sensation Oct. 2007
Freedom Dec 2007 back to back
Liberty Feb. 2007 back to back

Sovereign of the seas Aug 08
Carnival Liberty Nov 29, 2008