Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Liberty Info

Am wondering if anyone can help us out. Cruising the Carnival Liberty 6 night Western tour on July 1st and wonder - is there 1 or 2 formal nights on a 6 night, how is the piano and karokee (sp?) bars on this ship, where there cool activities for the teens-is the Supper Club worth the extra $?

How about the spa - any good deals?

Thanks for your help.

RCCL Freedom of the Seas 2/10
Carnival Legend 2/09
Carnival Victory 2/08
Carnival Liberty 7/07
Carnival Valor 4/06
Carnival Celebration 4/05
Carnival Sensation 4/04
Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Passenger

We were just off the Liberty 2 weeks ago, and had a wonderful time. You will love the ship! There are two formal nights. One is Monday (Freeport) night and the other is Thursday. Lots of people dressed up for the first, not so many for the second.

The piano bar was fun. Karaoke wasnt IMO. It was just a bunch of teens who kept taking turns. Of course the week you sail, it may be totally different.

Sorry didn't use the spa, but I have read that you get better deals on port days. We didn't go to the Supper Club, nor do we have teens, so can't help you there. Have a great cruise!
Old January 6th, 2007, 04:28 AM
First Mate

we are going on the 6 day June 17th. I was told there was 1 formal night and 1 optional formal night?? Don't know for sure though.

Bill
Old January 21st, 2007, 07:23 AM
Passenger

Regarding your question about the supper club, Harry Winston's. We felt is was worth the $$. It will cost you $30 pp exluding tip.
Old January 21st, 2007, 09:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

You will love the Liberty! We are scheduled for our 2nd Liberty cruise on March 25th. Two formals - didn't realize the second was "optional", but I guess it was more relaxed now that I think about it.

Harry's is worth the extra charge - particularly for a romantic dinner when you are not in a hurry. I wouldn't take the teens, however - unless they really enjoy fine dining. Make your reservations when you board - they book up fast~!
Old January 21st, 2007, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

We were on the Liberty 8 night last week, so can't say for sure about the 6 day.... but I've never heard of an optional formal night before, except on NCL with "Freestyle".

Club 02 is the teen gathering and disco area, and it's staffed to help people meet and organize activities geared toward them.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 21st, 2007, 01:07 PM
First Mate

I found this on webshots from day 5 of a 6 night Liberty cruise.

Bill
Old January 21st, 2007, 01:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Thanks Bill.

That's interesting, and must be fairly new policy.

I actually think Carnival (and other cruise lines) should likely drop the suggested Formal night dress codes across the board, since they don't enforce them at all.

On the Liberty, on formal night, I was dining with the Captain, Staff Captain, Hotel Manager, Staff Chief Engineer, and Head Engineer.... several other passengers walked right by our table, entering the dining room in torn jeans, and t-shirts.... no one made any move to stop them from entering.

I'd personally like to see them designate every evening casual, rather than maintain a facade of something more.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 21st, 2007, 01:41 PM
First Mate

I think after 14 cruises I would agree with you. All the rules they have and none are enforced too much. Just do away with them if you aren't going to enforce them.

On HAL in 2005 on casual night my BIL decided he was not getting changed and went to dinner in shorts. They nabbed his butt so fast and made him leave the dining room. He went and ate at the buffet.

It was nice to see it enforced even if it was my BIL.

Bill
Old January 21st, 2007, 02:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Does anyone know if the 8 day Panama trip has a formal optional on the Liberty? We're sailing in April and it would be helpful to know. Thanks.
Old January 21st, 2007, 06:09 PM
First Mate

I just looked at some 8 day Liberty capers and they have 2 Formal nights on day 2 and day 7, and on day 4 is elegant casual.

Bill
Old January 21st, 2007, 07:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you everyone. We love reading these boards and learning from our fellow cruisers.

Safe sailing.

RCCL Freedom of the Seas 2/10
Carnival Legend 2/09
Carnival Victory 2/08
Carnival Liberty 7/07
Carnival Valor 4/06
Carnival Celebration 4/05
Carnival Sensation 4/04
Old January 22nd, 2007, 03:51 PM
Passenger

We just got off the Liberty 6 day. There were 2 formal nights... our capers did not say optional. The first night was casual. The remaining nights were elegant casual.
Old January 22nd, 2007, 04:27 PM
First Mate

geez whats with all the changes. Can't understand why the need to have it one way on one cruise then a different way on another cruise. Oh wait I forgot. Consistency, the cruiselines don't deal well with this concept.

4 nights of casual elegant? What happened to resort casual?

Bill
Old January 27th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Passenger

Husband and I just got back from our very first cruise - Liberty Western 6 night. Everything was more than expected - food, shows, balcony was pure magic late at night, loved the glitz and glamour. The two "formal" nights were lots more relaxed than expected - I stressed far too much pre-cruise about clothes. However, it made the dinners a little more special to dress up and do something a little different than an ordinary restaurant dinner at home.