Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 9th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to lonnie2086
Default St Thomas and Tortola

I have a question about the Islands. What is there to do besides snorkeling and scuba diving?...Are the beaches free and what are the best ones to see?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Yeoman

I've only been to St Thomas. We really enjoyed Magens Bay. A quick taxi ride and a few dollars to get into the 'park' and you're set. After most of the day there, we came back into town for some shopping and lunch at . . . what was the name? . .faces the water . . Frog something . . . Sorry! Mind went blank. It's an open air type lunch place. Then we went back to pick up my new ring.
Old January 21st, 2007, 04:03 PM
Passenger

On St. Thomas-- Magen's bay is beautiful or you could take the ferry to St. John's and go to Trunk bay... It has and underwater trail. Tortolla I believe we took a taxi to Cane Garden beach... (something like that) It was great too. But go early before the crowds arrive. Enjoy. We did do a snorkeling tour in st. thomas also. I think the name of the sailboat was the Island Girl or something like that. It was awesome.
Old January 21st, 2007, 04:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: St Thomas and Tortola

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie2086
I have a question about the Islands. What is there to do besides snorkeling and scuba diving?...Are the beaches free and what are the best ones to see?

Thanks!
Hi Lonnie,

All beaches in St Thomas except Megans Bay are free to use. Sapphire Beach is the most popluar, but also the most crowded depending on how many cruise ships happen to be in port that particular day. See the following website. Also, depending on when you'll be there, Sapphire Beach's restaurant is currently closed with no known date to reopen right now.

http://www.vinow.com/stthomas/beaches_stt/index.php

The only beach we visited in Tortola was the Baths and I can't tell you if there was a charge or not because we took the ship sponsored tour. If you're going to be in Tortola, try not to miss the Baths. It is a beautiful beach with lots of natural boulders that you can walk/climb thru where "baths' of beach water are throughout to relax in...