Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2007, 11:33 AM
First Mate

Default Carnival Miracle Question

On Deck 5 (Upper Deck), there are obstructed balcony rooms because of the lifeboats. Has anyone stayed in these? How obstructed are they?

Thanks for your help!
NCL Dream - '08
Carnival Miracle - '07
NCL Dawn - '06
NCL Spirit - '06
Carnival Legend - '05
NCL Dawn - '04
NCL Dawn - '03
NCL Sea - '02
Cunard QE2 - '98
Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via MSN to sgtmomret

We too are on the Upper deck room 5238 we have an obstructed view plus an extended balony and our room goes lengthwise not the norm. So my question is has anyone stayed in this or a similar room to this. The way I understood the meaning of a obstructed view is if you look down you can not see the ocean but the top of the lifeboat, but you can see looking straight out with no problem. So if anyone can clear this up; thank. We sail on the 29 Apr 07.
Old January 15th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Beginner

I was on the Upper Deck for the Xmas cruise. The lifeboat really isn't that bad. I could get a clear picture from the balcony of the port and could see the ocean as well. The balconies were smaller than non-obstructed ones however. I was in the 5200's towards the rear of the ship.
Old January 15th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via MSN to sgtmomret

Thanks so much, I'm glad to hear. The price was right under 750 pp. plus we got the extended balony. I made a mistake and were on the Ledgend as is switches with the Miracle in Apr, but they are sister ships. I still would like to know what the room will look like.
Old January 17th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Beginner

Default stayed in one of those

We had a balcony room with an obstructed view, on the Miracle, wasn't bad at all, the life boats are supported by an outrigger on each end , just depends which cabin your in on how obstructed your view is.
You can still see and have a nice view of things.

Rooms are nice size and beds are awesome. i loved the Miracle

Patrick