Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2007, 06:48 AM
First Mate

Default Will My Verizon Cell Phone work In the Bahamas?

Will My Verizon Cell Phone work In the Bahamas?

Before anyone response with you are on a cruise leave it home, I have a reason I need it that I can't get into.

Thanks,

Brian
Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2007, 06:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

you will most likely gat a signal at any and every island you go to but be prepared to pay a kings ransom for international roaming. i brought my phone in case of emergency because of a sick father and it rang with messages every day we were in ports.
Old January 11th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Passenger

Call your carrier. Mine, Cingular, had a temporary package I could add that included most of the Carribbean and I think one for some of Mexico as well. My phone seemed to work in all ports. . .(although I didn't know the syntax for international dialing and did need it) and with the package it didn't cost much. I think it was roughly $10.00 and was adequate minutes, though I don't remember details.
Old January 11th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to BabyD

Hi there, i dont know wether to post another thread or just in this one as it is similar so i apologise for hijacking the thread!!

Im from the UK, have a phone that will work in the Bahamas/America etc. But, is there signal in the bahamas and whilst at sea does anyone know?

Particularly on the Fantasy?

Im on there for 8 months and will be lost without my phone lol!