Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2007, 04:07 AM
Beginner

Default Please help us find best ship for our vacation..............

We are thinking of taking a cruise to caribbean this spring and like to stay at the penthouse suite I believe it's a cat 12. We have lots of question, did a search but couldn't find it.

I notice that cat.12 are bigger than cat.11 but most of cat.12 are locate on the lower deck (I've heard that lower deck get bumpy ride sometime?)
Does Penthouse guest get special treatment eg:priority check-in,concierge and dinner reservation?

We are not old but don't really like loudsy atmosphere (more toward intimate)

I was thinking about the VALOR /Sensation / Holiday.............

Please help us choose.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Admiral

If you are concerned about rough seas and getting the smoothest ride possible you'll want to stay low in the middle of the ship, which is like the polar opposite of staying in a penthouse suite. However I would think that the view and ammenities would more than make up for any turbulence you might experience if you are not extremely sensitive to motion sickness. Plus there are a multitude of motion sickness remedies out there if you need them. If you want a more intimate, quiet, elegant experience, I'd probably gravitate toward a longer intinerary (7+ days), on a newer ship (Valor would be the one from the ships you listed) and avoid times when school is out, Like Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Spring Break. You'll also be more likely to get the best deals at those times too. Prices go up when the kids are out of school. You will have a set dinner time, either early or late at the same table every night. You will choose early or late or if you want to be seated at a table with others or not. Those choices are not guaranteed, but most folks get what they request. I'm not sure if you will have priority boarding and concierge/butler service, other's here will be able to answer I am sure.
Old January 14th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Beenie is absolutely correct. I too would suggest that you book the "Valor" of the ships you listed. Much newer, much larger, and a longer cruise. I believe you'd get priority boarding and a butler with your cat 11 or 12 booking. Again, as Beenie stated, the dining would be the same as everyone else, except that you could have the butler deliver your dinner to your cabin and dine there on your balcony if you wish. (those simply booking a balcony could do that as well with regular "room service" except that they wouldn't have the butler deliver their food) In any case, have a great cruise.

Ken
Old January 14th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Admiral

I plan on sailing on the freedom on the TG cruise and staying in a suite. I have not seen anywhere that you get a butler for cat 12 rooms. how does the butler differ from your steward or room service and could you please provide someplace on the site that shows me that these rooms are serviced by butlers. My kids would go nuts if they had their own butler and would make their old dad look real good. Sorry to veer off your topic alittle OP.
Old January 14th, 2007, 02:02 PM
First Mate

We have had a Cat 11 and didn't have a butler, on the cabin steward.

Our next cruise we have a Cat 12 booked and no mention was made of a butler, not sure I would want one to be honest. We're pretty low maintance.

When you book a suite you do get priority boarding. I'm sure the cabin has a few extra perks but since this is the only type of cabin we've had I can't tell you what they are

We were booked for dinner like everyone else. Sorry.

You really aren't "special" when you book a suite, just means you paid a bit more and booked early enough to get one, lol.

I would say if a suite is want you want, by all means book it. Enjoy the extra move around space and larger balcony!!!!

2005 Carnival Spirit to Alaska

2007 Carnival Conquest to Western Caribbean

2008 Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas to New England/Canada

2010 Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas to Southern Caribbean
Old January 14th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Admiral

Off the subject... I would believe that the "butler" is actually the cabin steward dressed in a black coat instead of a white one.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old January 14th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
Off the subject... I would believe that the "butler" is actually the cabin steward dressed in a black coat instead of a white one.
You mean he would look like you!!
Old January 15th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

The ONLY perk you get with cat 11 or cat 12 is the VIP boarding on embarkation day. That's it. The difference in the two cabins is simply the amount of space inside.

Kim
Old January 15th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Yeoman

mauiogg.............we are bookedon the May 6th cruise..........kids are back in school from spring break and the college kids are not out of college for break yet because of finals. So it's mostly a kid free environment........hopefully.

I hope everyone has a wonderful cruise!
Old January 15th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Captain

Mehawk,

Just ignore rescuedad. You look very nice in your black suit!

Rescuedad, please try to behave!!

Libragirl from TEXAS 8)
Old January 15th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Yeoman

Rescuedad...........shouldn't you be saving lives in the West Palm Beach area?????????????????

I hope everyone has a wonderful cruise!