Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2007, 09:52 PM
First Mate

Default Carnival's Destiny

Going on the Destiny with my family in July, can anyone tell me about the ship? Good or No Good?

TweetyBird
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Carnival's Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetybird
Going on the Destiny with my family in July, can anyone tell me about the ship? Good or No Good?

TweetyBird
My first cruise was aboard the Carnival Destiny in May 2004. Very nice ship, which under went a Multi-million refurbishment in Oct. 2005. It entered service in 1996, but did not show it's age. I would cuise on her in a heartbeat. I think you made a good choice of both ship and itinerary.

http://www.carnival.com/Ship_Detail.aspx?shipCode=DE

Always keep an open mind.

http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q4/MD11F/
Old January 20th, 2007, 02:27 PM
First Mate

Hello Nucruzer,
Thanks so much for the response. Looking forward to it.

tweetybird 8)
Old January 20th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Passenger

Tweetybird,

I don't know that I can help you now but myself and the DW will be on the Destiny in May. I should be able to give you an ear full after we return.

Hope you have a good cruise................
Old January 20th, 2007, 08:10 PM
First Mate

Hi Joey, Yes, please let me know how the Destiny is, I am just curious. My family and I have been on the Elation, Paradise and Insperation, but never on Destiny.

What islands are you going to? We are going to catch the boat in Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia and Antigua. Hope you and your wife have a great trip.

Tweetybird
Old January 21st, 2007, 09:07 AM
Admiral

I was on Destiny last year. I loved the ship and crew. Let me know if you have any questions.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old January 21st, 2007, 11:17 AM
Passenger

Default Destiny May 2007

My wife and I will be sailing with Carnival for the 4th time, on Destiny in May 6 2007.
Looking forward to this trip in the Southern Caribbean. Kind of sad that the Destiny doesn't go to Aruba anymore.
We haven't decided on excursions yet and would appreciate anybodies input.

Happy Cruising!
Old January 21st, 2007, 11:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

I sailed the Destiny for my Honeymoon in 1998 when she was fairly new. She was beautiful then - can't believe she's already been refurbished. Even though we missed the first two days and lost our luggage (VERY long unbelievable story) we were happy to get aboard. Comp upgrade to a Jr. suite and generous on-board credit to offset our lack of clothing. Staff was gracious and at the time, it was the most beauituful cruise ship I had ever seen.
Old January 21st, 2007, 01:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I sailed the Destiny last September and while we enjoyed our cruise there were quite a few differences from other cruises we've been on. First, about 75-80% of the people on board were from Puerto Rico. The music played was more of the salsa type than the reggae type. Secondly, all the announcements were made in both spanish and english. While it didn't bother us, many people complained about it. I have to say that I think the food was the worst we've had on a cruise. We didn't go hungry, but it certainly wasn't what we've had before, both on Carnival and other lines. Destiny has an ongoing problem with their airconditioning. Ours was fine, but there were a lot of people lined up at the Purser's desk complaining and we saw quite a few people bringing fans on board in St. Thomas. I had heard about this before I left and luckily we weren't one of the ones that were without. Having said all this, we're considering another cruise on the Destiny. The ports are fabulous!
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old January 22nd, 2007, 02:24 PM
Passenger

Tweety Bird,

I'll try to do that for you. We shall be sailing the same route as you. That's part of the reason for choosing the Destiny as it is very port intensive. We have been doing a bit of homework (DW says I been doing too much) on the excursions. We will be flying in a day early to San Juan so that we can see some of OSJ and a wee bit of PR.

Yes, and I too have read the things written about the Destiny, good,bad, and indifferent. Too bad these folks won't be with us when we board. They could tell me if I was having a good time or not . Though hearing about others experiences is good, we try not to form an opinion about the ship before we get there.

I hope your looking as forward to your cruise as we are TB and I'll let you know about some of the formalities are on the ship, when formal night is and so forth. Were planning to have a great time and I hope you are too.

Joey
Old January 30th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

I went last June. Loved it. It was my 9th cruise.

p.s. everything is pink!!
Old January 30th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Familiar Face

Me and my family sailed on the Destiny Aug 2006. It wasn't my favorite but we had a great time. We had no complaints. The ports were great. Didn't much care for Dominica but loved Aruba and Barbados. I did find it easier to find my way around on this ship though. You'll have a great time I'm sure.
Old February 2nd, 2007, 05:47 PM
Passenger

Tweetybird,

I know that we aren't sailing the same time but I'll create a new thread in the MOB section for the Destiny sailing March to July. That way we can sorta compare notes without cluttering the Carnival section. Maybe some of the other Destiny passengers will join in too........

Joey
Old February 3rd, 2007, 02:06 PM
First Mate

if you will you can read mine story about carnival destiny try search and write carnival destiny

-------------------------------
carnival sensation 11/93
carnival destiny 03/06
carnival freedom 07/07
carnival miracle 02/09
rci serenade of the seas 01/10