Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Admiral

Default Glory stateroom question

As I look at the deck plans for the Glory the Riviera deck has a stateroom deck above it, so it should be fairly quiet above us. The Main deck has the galley above it, which I understand can be quiet noisy. Then you go higher up. Most of the upper stateroom decks are balcony, which I would love to have, but don't think I can go that much. The Panarama deck looks like it night be fairly quiet and then the Spa deck up higher. Can anyone please tell me how these rooms are as far as noise level. I also looked at the Triumph out of NO and it looks like it has the same deck plan. I have to make sure our stateroom is going to be fairly quiet. Or I will have one very unhappy camper.....'cuse me.....cruiser!

Need some cruise help?
Sponsored Links
Old January 20th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Glory stateroom question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridanamaw
As I look at the deck plans for the Glory the Riviera deck has a stateroom deck above it, so it should be fairly quiet above us. The Main deck has the galley above it, which I understand can be quiet noisy. Then you go higher up. Most of the upper stateroom decks are balcony, which I would love to have, but don't think I can go that much. The Panarama deck looks like it night be fairly quiet and then the Spa deck up higher. Can anyone please tell me how these rooms are as far as noise level. I also looked at the Triumph out of NO and it looks like it has the same deck plan. I have to make sure our stateroom is going to be fairly quiet. Or I will have one very unhappy camper.....'cuse me.....cruiser!
Was on the glory in Dec. 05 had a room on the upper deck & the amber palce showroom was directly below the pillows. Went to the 8:00 show & got to hear the later show in my bed each night. Blame myself for not checking that out before I booked, had a great time, by no means did it ruin the week.
Old January 21st, 2007, 12:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

I stayed in cabin 1028 which is on the Panorama Deck port side about halfway to the front from the elevators, inside cabin. No noise at all. Only problem we had was the guy in the room down the hall was smoking pot all day everyday, stunk up the hallway.

We were fortunate to book a 4a and got a 4g ( 8 cabin upgrade, for past guest promo ). We loved it. There is a door at the end of the hall to the left, took us outside for the sailaways and sailing into port.

Have fun, hope this helps.

Tim Ruth
Old January 21st, 2007, 10:59 AM
Admiral

The reference from illiniandy is what I am afraid of. Being close to where a show is going on or a bar open all night. It is so frustrating to try and find a cabin that you think will be quiet. When we were on the Elation we had a cabin on Main deck. Staterooms above and below, it was so quiet. We never heard anything from any of the rooms. We were really happy with the room. Now, the Glory is designed so much different. I just don't know what to do. I guess I will figure it out and hope I made the right choice.

Need some cruise help?
Old January 21st, 2007, 02:44 PM
Beginner

We just got back from the Glory and we stayed on the main deck. We did not notice any noise from above, but we had the aft corner rooms which were a problem. These rooms are huge compared to the normal rooms but being at the aft of the ship we had a lot of vibration and noise from the engines. It did not spoil the trip but I could do with out the noise. The size of the rooms however are very nice.
Old January 21st, 2007, 09:05 PM
Admiral

The Main deck might be okay if we stayed away from where the galley is located above. The Panarama deck looks good too. The Spa deck is so high up, I'm not sure about it. I bet it really sways in rough seas.

Need some cruise help?
Old January 21st, 2007, 09:12 PM
Admiral

Hi Floridanamaw,

IMO, I'd book the Rivera deck for an outside stateroom. It's between other passenger decks, so should be quiet. If you decide to book a balcony cabin, it's a whole 'nother story !

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old January 23rd, 2007, 02:19 PM
Passenger

OHIO EDGE
We have the corner aft on the main deck as well. Did you notice the vibration always? I have had the aft on two other ships and have never really noticed a difference. Please elaborate if possible. I was also curious if you noticed any noise from the cabaret below. Do you have any pictures of the cabin/balcony you can share?
Old January 24th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Glory stateroom question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridanamaw
I was on the Rivera deck on the Glory in an inside. I do this for a reason as it is dark and lets me sleep a little later in the a.m. (I am Carnival cruise they upgraded me to an OV and there I was in the a.m. - up again, as the sun peeps through the windows.
Old January 24th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Admiral

The waking up early does not bother me, I'd be awake early if it was pitch black inside the room, just the way I am. What worries me is having a lot of noise that would keep us awake at night. Once I get in bed I want it pretty quiet. I love looking out the windows as we pull in the ports or watching from it at night and seeing other ships out in the dark. Gotta have that window

Need some cruise help?
Old January 24th, 2007, 07:19 PM
First Mate

We were on Glory in July on Riviera. No noise for us. Good luck!!
Old January 26th, 2007, 03:53 PM
First Mate

Default GLory

We rode the GLORY on the inagural season, and had a blast we had a upgrade to a cat 9 room. all the way back on the port side ,and i mean all the way back.Some vibrations no real noise except the honeymoom couple next door. We also had 30 ft seas and very little rocking .Slept like a baby.
HAVE A GREAT TRIP
Bob
Old January 27th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

On my first Glory cruise I was in cabin 2462 on the Main Deck. I had no problems with noise. This cabin appears to be below the restaurant, not the galley.
Inspiration - June, 2007
Carnival Valor - May, 2007
Carnival Glory - August, 2005
Carnival Glory - April, 2004
Carnival Destiny - April, 2001
Carnival Destiny - April, 2001
Sensation - September, 2000
Paradise - June, 2000
SS Norway - May, 1996
Fantasy - November, 1993
SS Norway - May, 1993
Old January 27th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Admiral

You all have spoke so highly of the Glory that I am now booking a balcony cabin for our 7 night cruise in Oct. I was able to get what I thought was a very good rate for, as my Carnival rep called it "best available balcony". He was very confident that he could get us a very good balcony cabin and even further discounts. I was so set on an oceanview because of price, but the price he gave changed my mind. I sure hope he is right. I am really looking forward to cruising again. Thanks to all of you who have given me your views on the Glory, it really helped me decide.

Need some cruise help?
Old January 27th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Captain

Hello;
We sail the Glory 2/10/07 in 2 wks. We have a balcony room, Upper deck 6454 aft. It looks good to me. We will see when we stay there. I will post my opinion, and a review when we return.
Good luck to all, and happy cruising.
Gary
Glory Western 2-07
Ecstasy 01-08
Ecstasy Feb. 1st. & Feb. 6th. 2010 B to B
Freedom 12-12-10
Freedom 09-24-11
Triumph 09-10-12
Triumph 09-15-12
Triumph 09-23-13
Triumph 09-28-13

Old January 29th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Passenger

We originally booked a room on the main deck near the front of the ship. We ended up changed to the Rivieria deck after seeing that we would be directly under the theatre. Too much noise with dance practice and all!!

Old January 30th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Passenger

We sailed on the glory on 1/06/07. We had an inside on the riviera, mid ship and my parents were across the hall in a oceanview. It was a much bigger cabin and the only noice they had was what sounded like chains banging together, but they said it was not a bother and did not happen often. Another couple from our group had a balcony on the upper deck 6, mid ship which was above the shops....very quiet...I think it was 6275.
Enjoy your sailing!
Old January 30th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Admiral

I guess with us having a guarantee balcony I will not be assigned a cabin until we board. I just hope we end up with a good one. Maybe the upgrade fairy will visit, but my luck is never that good. Thanks for all of your input to the Glory. I have heard only good things about the ship.

Need some cruise help?