Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Admiral

Default Carnival Sea Miles credit card

I seem to remember at one time some topics on the Sea Mile credit card about not being able to collect the points. Was that issue ever resolved. I was thinking about getting the Carnival credit card for that reason, but remembered the complaints. Any good news about Sea Miles card. Thanks.

Need some cruise help?
Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Not one!!! They have now spent all their energy making it harder to get on line. Interest rates are through the roof, and service is still terrible. Mine is paid off, and if it wouldn't hurt my credit, I would close it. Hopefully one day, someone will take it over, who will be people friendly.

For those who see the ads and say to yourself "oh, Carnival, must be good" Remember that Carnival has sold their name to this company. I wish I had better news for you.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 26th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Admiral

Thanks Luanne. I will not get that credit card then. I have plenty just thought it would build points up for future cruises. I knew somebody here would let me know. Thanks again

Need some cruise help?
Old January 26th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Florida:

Affinity cards are rarely a good choice.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 26th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Beginner

Default Sea Miles credit card is a good program if used correctly

I know Sea Miles gets a bad rap on this site, I would like to clarify a few things about the program. The savings with points is great, however too many people get the card then go out and charge up thousands and thousands of dollars to get a free cruise. That is not the point of the card. The card is geared for avid cruisers it is a cruise loyalty card kinda like the frequent flyer miles cards the airlines have, the idea is to take the card and use it for your cruises only. That is what it is designed for, that way you earn points to discount future cruises. Also the Sea Miles reps are bound by the cruise line pricing, the cruise lines dictate what your points are worth and the value of your points is based on availability, I never understood people who have this card and will charge up 50k or more on the card to get points and then complain about the price of a cruise, but had no qualms about charging 50k worth of crap to get the points. If the card is used as intended (paying for cruises) then you can get a nice savings, for example with 50k points on a 7 day or longer sailing your MINIMUM savings on your cabin is $500 and if you are a past guest or senior or qualify for military rate the savings is better, if the sea miles rate is more than the past guest or senior or military rate then you can combine the past guest , senior, etc. with your points and get a better savings. Keep in mind that your savings will be $350 instead of the minimum $500 because you are combining with a promotional rate. If you have this card call a Sea Miles rep and let them work for you they will do everything in their power to get you the best rate, they gaurantee you the best rate when using Sea Miles and if you have a carnival rep that you work with normally the sea miles rep can work with your carnival rep as well to help you book your cruise. The Sea Miles rep is not out to over charge you, they get all their pricing directly form the cruise line so basically the sea miles rep doesn't care what you pay for the cruise the money goes to the cruise line not to the sea miles rep and the sea miles reps are paid hourly, so again they want to give you the best rate they can get for you their job depends on it (they need to book a certain amount of cruises to stay employed.) If you are an avid cruiser and don't have a Sea Miles card, GET ONE! Use it for your cruises and you will be surprised at the savings. Saving $125 to $500 minimum on a cruise is better than NOTHING!
Old November 27th, 2008, 07:08 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Sea Miles credit card is a good program if used correctl

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskadaisy
Saving $125 to $500 minimum on a cruise is better than NOTHING!
This my exact focus too. Yes, if I can knock off a couple/few hundred bucks on my next cruise (in just 332 days) then I'll be just fine with that.

Old November 27th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Alaskadaisy...do you work for Sea Miles???
Legend 2006
Spirit 2006 & 2007 & 2009
Conquest 2007 & 2009
Pride 2008
Dream 2010
Norwegian Dawn 2011
Magic 2012
Princess Grand 2013
Old November 30th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Beginner

I have done a lot of research on the card and have one myself. I read my terms and conditions and asked a lot of questions when calling in.
Old November 30th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

Alaska you sure do sound like a Sea Miles Card Rep. I have the card and don't overuse it and still would not recommend it to anyone.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old December 1st, 2008, 10:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

We have the card and are less than thrilled. Supposedly we were to receive 10,000 points just for getting the card. We can't see those anywhere. We don't overuse the card. We used it on our last cruise and will use it on this one, although we didn't use it to book the cruise as the limit wasn't enough. When we try to see how many points we might have accumulated - we must be too stupid, because we can't figure it out. Hindsight being what it is - we should not have gotten this card.

Old December 1st, 2008, 11:37 AM
Admiral

I know ten people who have this card other than myself and have not heard one good or positive thing about the card, the interest rate, the customer service reps on the phone or the cruise deals they offer. None of the above are over abusing the card so it can't be the customer it has to be the company. All state they are surprised Carnival has their name on this card or are associated with it. Its a ripoff plain and simple.

Glory- 4/26/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old December 3rd, 2008, 06:23 PM
Beginner

Wow, not sure why you all have so much trouble, I have found my rep and others there to be kind and helpful, I treat them respectivly and they treat me the same way, I love my card and will gladly take the savings i recieve with it graciously, I know they do not have to give this to me, it is a loyalty card and should be treated as such. all i can say is those of you who don't like the card get rid of it, don't use it and those of you who have had a great experience keep using it and enjoying it, i know the saying "you can't make all the people happy all the time"
Old December 3rd, 2008, 08:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

The rules might have changed since I used mine, but our biggest problem was they would not work with other discounts. We depend on the Military discount, so that would have hurt us.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 3rd, 2008, 11:13 PM
Admiral

Alaska you still sound like you are a working rep for Sea miles. You also seem like you are the only one who is happy with the card and this is not the only posting on this subject and card there is more and not one person spoke positive about it but you. We know we have choices and we all were only giving our opinions about our experience from using this card with the discounts. All these posters can't be wrong. How many cruises have you actually purchased from them using this card and your points? I still found dealing with Carnival direct a better deal on the price of a cruise than dealing with Seamiles.

Glory- 4/26/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old December 4th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Passenger

They have always been helpful when I've called. You can go look at your miles at www.seamiles.com/welcome.csp
Was thinkin about using them for a short cruise last month, then decided to use them on a big one next sept.
Carnival Holiday 1-2008
Old December 30th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Beginner

My advice is don't get this card
Old December 31st, 2008, 03:37 PM
Passenger

Default Seamiles

I, too, am not happy with this card. I could go on and on about the problems I have encountered with this card and the Seamiles program, and the misleading nature of their marketing. Anyone who does not work for them, and still thinks this card is a good deal, simply does not know how to purchase a cruise at a good price, and does not know about better rewards programs with other credit cards. Period.