Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Beginner

Default new cruiser, a few questions

Hi all! We are cruising in April for the first time, and I had a few questions. My husband booked us on the Lido deck, near the back of the ship, I think. An 8D room. I noticed there are staterooms above and below it, but there is the restaurant and pool on the same deck. Someone yesterday told me that it would be very noisy. Do you think this will be a problem? Also, is the early or late dinner better? We are traveling with no children, and finally, what time should we arrive at the port? thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2007, 03:41 AM
Admiral

Default Re: new cruiser, a few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by celeste1070
Hi all! We are cruising in April for the first time
...There might be some more noise than in other locations. I doubt there will be much more noise than elsewhere
...Regarding early/late seating, you might want to consider what time you eat at home. In addition, your evening's show may [but not always] follow your meal
...You'll probably be able to get on the ship 11am-noon
Old January 28th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

For your dinner seating time take into consideration how many port days you have and how long the ship is in port. DH and I usually take the early seating. On our last cruise we had 4 port on a 7 day cruise and were in port each night from between 5-10 pm. We felt like we were really rushing to get ready for dinner each night. This year we're doing the same cruise (with an additional port) so we decided to take the late dinner seating.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old January 28th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Passenger

I believe you're actually at the front of the ship (pool & restaurant at mid and back). If you know your cabin number, check to see where it is in location to the the elevators. If you're in front of them a little ways then I wouldn't think it would be too noisy but if you're behind them then you'll probably get noise from people coming off the elevators alot heading to pool and such.
As for dinner...if you want more sun time then choose late dining. We prefer the early dining but the later of the 2 times (5:45 or 6:15 we choose 6:15). That way we seem to have plenty of sun time prior and also plenty of time after to catch shows, dance in the clubs, and still go have pizza on the Lido deck late at night without being too full yet from dinner! On our last cruise we tried late seating for the 1st time and had a waiter who made us late to most of the shows. Don't know if he was new or what.
Get to the port early as mentioned by someone else 10 or 11 AM.
Have a blast!
Old January 30th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Passenger

The cabins on the glory that were on the Lido deck were off to the side in a separate hallway so people did not walk by them, though maybe the one or 2 doors at the opening may have had more noise? It should not be too loud at night seeing as most nights the pool area is quiet as the pools are closed.

I would get to the port around 10:30-11. This way too you are on early and can get to the lido buffet for some lunch before it gets really busy...usually by 1pm it fills up quickly.