Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Passenger

Default Dining room on Sensation and dress code -

We leave on the Sensation on Wed. My husband and I really prefer to be casual most of the time. I am considering not going to the dining room AT ALL and not packing for it. However, what if I get on board and am sorry that I did that.

What should you wear to the breakfast and lunch dining room meals and is it any different than what you wear to the dinner meal? I can't imagine being by the pool at noon and then going to the room to dress..only to undress and go back to the pool. I guess that would be a good day to do the buffet etc...

Just tell me what I need to wear...thanks so much...
Crazy first time cruiser -
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Passenger

Hi just got off the Sensation a couple of hours ago. Only ate dinner in the diningroom Ecstacy. We ate breakfast and lunch up on the lido deck. Dinner is "resort casual" every night except formal night. Our formal night was Friday while we were in Nassau. That was a surprise, we though it would be Saturday night. Even on formal night we saw everthing from formal to dressy casual. No shorts etc. Not everyone goes formal.

Enjoy your cruise.

Lonni
Sensation 2007
Sensation 2008
Old January 28th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Captain

My husband and I really prefer to be casual most of the time.

I'm a retired construction worker and whine like a baby if I gotta put a tank top on with my shorts and sandals. That said, PLEASE at least take your dinners in the dining room. The selection + service is incredible. No need to dress up, dockers and shirt w/collar are fine and I still wore my sandals. We did the formal nite our first cruise and I'm glad we experienced it. But now, we pack lite and opt for alternative dining on formal nite. Here's a link to Carnival's dining room menu, take a look and please reconsider. I think you'll enjoy the dining room and I'm sure you'll enjoy your cruise.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Sam...ay_Cruise.aspx
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old January 28th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

No reason not to have dinner in the dining room even if you don't want to dress up. Just to alternate dining for formal night.

There's no shorts in the dining room on casual night, but slacks and a shirt/blouse shouldn't be much of an imposition for you.

And if for your next cruise you want to go all casual take a look at Norweigan Cruise Line. No formal nights to concern yourself with. Just resort casual for the entire cruise.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 28th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Admiral

Looking back at our first cruise which happened to be on the Sensation, I really, really enjoyed our meals in the dining room. They food was very good and the service was excellent. The only thing I would have changed would be to request a table with just our family, rather sitting with others.
Old January 28th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Admiral

From what I understand breakfast and lunch in the dining rooms are casual, meaning shorts are okay. I don't think you could wear a bathing suit, but shorts and tees are okay for those two meals only. Supper on all nights except formal are casual as stated from other post. We did the one formal night on our first cruise and it was nice. We actually had a really nice pix made while we were dressed up. Will we do formal night on our next cruise which will have 2 formal nights?? I don't know, maybe not. We ate at the buffet all of our meals except 2. The buffet is for swim suits or anything. It's a matter of choice. We prefer the less casual.
Since this is your first you might want to do the formal just to experience it. We didn't go overboard with our clothes. Suit for the BF and nice black skirt and sparkly top for me and we were not under dressed at all. You don't have to spend hundreds of dollars to fit in. Have fun and don't stress over it like it did. Relax and enjoy. We had a great time and now looking forward to our second cruise.

Need some cruise help?