Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Beginner

Default Passport Turnaround

Hey yall. I was wondering what the normal turnaround time is to recieve your passport once you go apply is? They say its 8 weeks which will be cutting it very close to the time we want to cruise and I was just curious how long it took most to recieve theirs back.
Thanks!
Tiffany
Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Admiral

I've seen people say the turn around was 5 weeks. If your worried, you can pay a little extra and get it back in a week.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old February 5th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Admiral

"Routine Service

Include your departure date on your application

After you apply - You will receive your passport: Ordinarily, within 6 weeks. However, processing times can vary depending on workload and occasional unforeseen circumstances such as natural disasters. During busier times, such as the summer travel season, we encourage customers to expedite their applications if traveling in less than 8 weeks."

"Expedited Service

Cost, in addition to regular application fees, is $60 per application plus overnight delivery costs.

Two-way overnight delivery is strongly suggested.

If you mail in - clearly mark Expedited on the envelope.

Passport applications sent together or at the same time do not necessarily remain together.

Passports will be mailed separately.

After you apply - You will receive your passport:Ordinarily, if you paid additionally for expedited service and two-way overnight delivery within about 2 weeks."

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get...first_831.html

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old February 5th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

I submitted an application for my two kids on Jan 6th at the Clerk of Court office. Had their passports in hand on Feb 3rd. You can track the progress online, but if you are in doubt about the time frame, pay the extra.

RCCL Independence 4/4/09 - Revenge of the JUGS
Carnival Liberty 3/25/07 - "Spring Break" J.U.G.s (Just Us Girls) Cruise - plus my kids
Carnival Liberty 11/20/05 "I ain't cookin' Thanksgiving dinner" Cruise
NCL Norway - "I'm Pregnant with a 1-year-old" Cruise
Carnival Destiny 6/28/98 - "Honeymoon from Hell" Cruise
Royal Caribbean - 1988 - "Ex-Husband" Cruise
Old February 28th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Beginner

I had to just have my passport reissued for my upcoming cruise and they said 8 weeks...while checking my status online through travel.gov i noticed the estimated time was nine weeks i called that same day and paid the extra $60 to expedite it and it was shipped the very next day...you will get it promptly if you pay extra.
Old March 1st, 2007, 07:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

I can't speak for americans, but I can say that if your Canadian and travelling in May, GOOD LUCK!!! Passports turn around time in Canada is at least 6-8 weeks. Everyone is rushing to get their passports because of the new laws for travelling to the US. The last few months the line up at the passport office has been out the door, and that is at 8am.....Most cases people are waiting at least 8 hours to drop off their applications. The passport processing is working major overtime, but still can't keep up. It appears that most Canadians are getting their passports, even though some people don't necessarily need it (like if your travelling non-stop to Mexico..)
Old March 1st, 2007, 08:05 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguidedangel
.... Everyone is rushing to get their passports because of the new laws for travelling to the US. The last few months the line up at the passport office has been out the door, and that is at 8am.....
I'm so glad to know that we Americans are not the only ones who have procrastinated getting passports! My DH and I got ours a couple of years ago, without any problem, and DS, DIL, and precious grandbaby got their's early last year. So glad we don't have to worry about that now.

If you haven't gotten your passport... do it now. It is a good feeling!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old March 1st, 2007, 10:03 PM
Admiral

I turned my application in at our local courthouse on Jan. 12th. According to the passport status website, my projected delivery date in March 8th. A week ago it showed Feb. 27, now it has been updated to show March 8th. I guess they could change that date again if needed.

Need some cruise help?