Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Passenger

Default Just back from Sensation first cruise...questions???

Feel free to ask....especially while it's fresh in my mind.
Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2007, 08:13 PM
First Mate

Default You travel with Kids?

I am traveling with a 15 and 17year old. We are not big on letting them go alone anywhere on the ship.

Think there will be enoguh for them to do?

See anybody wearing jeans in the dinning room on non formal night?

Which shore trips did you take?

Thanks,

Brin
Old February 5th, 2007, 08:53 PM
First Mate

Default family things with teens

I will be doing a first cruise with me and my 14 year old son in July on Sensation - what can you recommend that are fun things to do on board for families with teens? I too will not let my son out of sight, but will be happy to sit on desk nearby writing while he is hanging or playing b-ball, etc. with other teens
Old February 5th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Just back from Sensation first cruise...questions???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiana
did you stay in a room with a balcony? We will be staying in a room on the verandah deck but on the forward part of the ship. is it true that it might move more if one stays at one end of the ship more cause for being seasick?

How is the formal night? Nice?

As previous cruisers, did you guys get invited to the parties (previous cruisers party?) Where is it and what was it all about? Adults only?

sorry just anxious

C
Old February 5th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Passenger

Default Re: family things with teens

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellet1959
I will be doing a first cruise with me and my 14 year old son in July on Sensation - what can you recommend that are fun things to do on board for families with teens? I too will not let my son out of sight, but will be happy to sit on desk nearby writing while he is hanging or playing b-ball, etc. with other teens
Well..we went without our little ones so I can't be 100% of everything, but I am a PARANOID mother and I actually think I would be okay letting my 14 year old out of my sight for a bit on the boat. It really feels safe and it's not all that big. Lido deck is pretty much where everything goes on and there are all age ranges hanging out there. One of the top decks has a small netted basketball area and the front of the ship has a mini put on the top deck. Everytime we walked down the "row" of bar areas, I always wanted to stop in the club that had fun disco music and looked fun...TOO BAD IT WAS THE O2 club for TEENS. I found some board games in the library and that was fun to play a couple of those. BRING A COUPLE if they are small and you have room. The shows are fun but a bit racy...not sure about for a 14 year old. There is a bingo game everyday .... towel folding classes etc.. and a lot of little "goings on" that you can always attend. I think you will be fine because it really is a short cruise! Hope that helps!
Old February 6th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossbow
Quote:
did you stay in a room with a balcony? We will be staying in a room on the verandah deck but on the forward part of the ship. is it true that it might move more if one stays at one end of the ship more cause for being seasick?

How is the formal night? Nice?

As previous cruisers, did you guys get invited to the parties (previous cruisers party?) Where is it and what was it all about? Adults only?

sorry just anxious

C
We did not do the formal night but saw a lot of people who did. It looked nice and had a Captians cocktail party beforehand with free apps. You will love your Verandah deck. We were in the VERY front of the ship and yes it rocked us gently every night...but on the last night we were in the back of the ship in the Karoke bar and it SWAYED...I think you are better in the front! We were first time cruisers so no bonus extras for us...You will have an awesome time. Make sure not to miss the Far from Over show. It was good!
Old February 6th, 2007, 07:38 PM
First Mate

Default What about the jeans?

There was a big discussion about jeans. I was just curious if you saw any in the dinning rooms. Especially the kids. My son would die if he had to wear something else.

Thanks,

Brian

Sensation
Old February 6th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Passenger

I did not see any jeans in the dining room - I'm guessing that is he did it tastefully with a nice shirt that he could get by with it. That's just my opionion.
Old February 7th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Passenger

Quote:
We did not do the formal night but saw a lot of people who did. It looked nice and had a Captians cocktail party beforehand with free apps. You will love your Verandah deck. [b]We were in the VERY front of the ship and yes it rocked us gently every night[/b]...but on the last night we were in the back of the ship in the Karoke bar and it SWAYED...I think you are better in the front! We were first time cruisers so no bonus extras for us...You will have an awesome time. Make sure not to miss the Far from Over show. It was good!
Did your cabin happen to be V1 or V2?
Old February 7th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Passenger

no...our cabin was Main 14 - which meant is was 7 from the front on the port side. Only the second floor from the bottom...Riviera, Main, Upper, etc...
Old February 15th, 2007, 12:00 PM
First Mate

Default meals on Sensation

are the restaurants (not the "dining rooms) open 24/7 so you can get something to eat and not worry about missing meals based on excursion return times? I think my son and I may end up eating in the restaurants and not so much the main dining room and want to know about availability of something other than room service or pizza 24/7.

Thanks!
Old February 16th, 2007, 12:09 AM
First Mate

You can only get room service or pizza 24 hours per day. They do not have restaurants open 24 hours per day. But they do have "other" food pretty much all day - from sun-up until about 9:30pm - on the Lido deck.
Old February 16th, 2007, 03:30 PM
First Mate

Default attn chris...

what do you mean by "other food" on the Lido deck?
I have a pretty picky teenager that's why I'm asking.

thanks!
Old February 17th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: meals on Sensation

Quote:
are the restaurants (not the "dining rooms) open 24/7 so you can get something to eat and not worry about missing meals based on excursion return times? I think my son and I may end up eating in the restaurants and not so much the main dining room and want to know about availability of something other than room service or pizza 24/7.

Thanks!
Don't pass up the dining room, some of the best foods are offered in the evening! I'm sure your son would be able to find something on the menu he might like. They also have alternative selections available in the dining room, steak, burgers, etc...

Has anyone mentioned chocolate melting cake......
Carnival Imagination 2008
Carnival Destiny 2009
Carnival Valor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2011
Carnival Miracle 2012
Old February 18th, 2007, 01:55 AM
First Mate

Default Re: attn chris...

Quote:
what do you mean by "other food" on the Lido deck?
I have a pretty picky teenager that's why I'm asking.

thanks!
The Seaview Restaurant (buffett) rotates their offerings daily....
Breakfast, lunches and dinners all rotate.
Usually with a world theme. (I remember Indian and French on both cruises)
There is hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken breasts available outside on the Lido Deck much of the day.

At the back of the Seaview is the 24 hour pizzeria and next to that is the Deli which make great sandwiches.(again the Deli is open much of the day but NOT 24 hours)

ON our first cruise on the Sensation in September we ate in the dining room each night.
On our cruise 2 weeks ago, we opted to eat at the Seaview all 4 days, when we wanted and we actually enjoyed that cruise better.
Not having our day scheduled around making a certain dinner seating.

Bill
Old February 20th, 2007, 10:38 AM
First Mate

Default room service menu

Hi, you don't happen tohave a copy of the room service menu or menus from the lido deck restaurants, do you? My son is really picky eater and I'm wondering where to best feed him, as I don't think we'll make it to the dining room. Thanks!
Old February 20th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: room service menu

Quote:
Hi, you don't happen tohave a copy of the room service menu or menus from the lido deck restaurants, do you? My son is really picky eater and I'm wondering where to best feed him, as I don't think we'll make it to the dining room. Thanks!

There are copies of menus and such on www.webshots.com just type in carnival menu. There are a lot of photos on that site.

Also, check www.cruisecritic.com boards, you can find the answers to just about anything there!

I still think you should give the dining room at least one visit, just for the heck of it! It's a lot of fun!!
Carnival Imagination 2008
Carnival Destiny 2009
Carnival Valor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2011
Carnival Miracle 2012
Old February 20th, 2007, 03:31 PM
First Mate

yeah, we will probably eat in the dining room the first night and we can always head to the lido deck if there's nothing that appeals to him.