Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: for a 7 day cruise Would you.......
Spend the extra $$ on a 9A over a 8I 2 25.00%
Be happy with the 8I and spend the $$ on other parts of the trip? 6 75.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 6th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Beginner

Default Spirit Class, 9A Vs. 8I

We have cruised on the Pride several times, but I have just discovered the 9A class room. In the past we have always gone either in an 11 (which we have decided is not worth the additional expense) or a 8I. We are currently looking at the 9A which has about 25% more room in the cabin and 30% more balcony than a standard 8I. For a seven day cruise the additional price for two to take a 9A over a 8I is about $400.

We have the $$$ for either cabin thanks to our tax refund, but the question is should we get the 8I and spend the extra $400 on other parts of our cruise (excursions, etc.) to enhance these activites, or is the difference in cabin a better investment? Keep in mind, that purchasing the 9A would not keep us from living it up, but we might elect to do some less expensive things in port, then if we had the extra $$ to spend.

I would like feed back from the great croud he on the site! Thanks! Please note and provide your thoughts in the thread!

P.S. We live in So. CA and I am also looking for the following:
A. Cruise buddies that also live in So. CA and love to talk about/plan cruises.
B. Anyone that is looking at the October 21 sailing of the Pride, so we can make new friend even before we sail!
Sponsored Links
Old February 6th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Passenger

Don't Spend Any Extra on the room. Get the cheapest balcony and spend your money on things that you will really remember. Spend your free time in the sauna or hot tub, not hanging in the room. Cruising is not about the cabin!

[Holiday '86 & Holiday '92; Caribe '90; Imagination '95; Seaward '97; Sensation '99; Fascination (Millennium Cruise) '00; Carnival Triumph '01; Carnival Pride '02; Paradise '03 (Smoke Free); Carnival Glory '04 (+3 extra Hurricane Days) & Carnival Glory '05; Inspiration '05; Carnival Mirical '06; Elation '06; Carnival Spirit (HAWAII) '07; Imagination '08; Glory '09; Carnival Freedom '10 & '12; Carnival Fantsey '10 & '11 & '11: NEXT Carnival Breeze 6/13]
Old February 8th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

My husband and I were on the Spirit last May.. Northbound out of Vancouver.
We had cabin 8171. The balcony was very nice,but the only problem with that cabin is that it is directly underneath the Lido deck area. We could hear scraping noises very early in the morning when the crew was cleaning the deck and moving chairs around. And of course during the day you could hear other passengers moving chairs around.
I don't know what cabin you're looking at, but I would not book this cabin again. BUT...the view from this cabin is great!!!!! My husband loved the balcony and spent most of his cabin time out on the balcony.