Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro
Default Are Passports needed to go on a Cruise?

My sister who is going on her first cruise with me on April 29 is insisting she does not need a passport. I thought it was a law now one had to get a passport to travel. She is also flying from North Carolina to Tampa Fl to meet me doesn't she need one then. I do not want to get stuck on the Sensation while it is in port in Nassau and Freeport if she can't leave the ship due to having no passport. Is it necessary to have one or am I wrong to say to her she needs to get one for this cruise. We are sailing in 77 days so time is of the essence.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Admiral

Depends where you are going .... For your cruise NO.

Beginning January 23, 2007, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling by air between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda will be required to present a valid passport, Air NEXUS card, or U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Document, or an Alien Registration Card, Form I-551, if applicable.

As early as January 1, 2008, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda by land or sea (including ferries), may be required to present a valid passport or other documents as determined by the Department of Homeland Security. While recent legislative changes permit a later deadline, the Departments of State and Homeland Security are working to meet all requirements as soon as possible. Ample advance notice will be provided to enable the public to obtain passports or passport cards for land/sea entries.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

Also the BC does NOT have to have a raised seal. We put that to bed months ago.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old February 11th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Passenger

Basically you don’t need a passport this year too cruise (next year yes). BUT if something unexpected should happen and you have to fly back into the US you will need a passport. To be safe. Get a passport
Old February 11th, 2007, 04:44 PM
First Mate

Better safe than sorry.

The PP is right when they stated that if something should happen and you have to fly home, then you would be stuck, or at least she would be.

Tell her to get on the ball and get her passport.

2005 Carnival Spirit to Alaska

2007 Carnival Conquest to Western Caribbean

2008 Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas to New England/Canada

2010 Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas to Southern Caribbean