Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Captain

Default what hotel to stay at in Galveston before cruise

Dont some of the hotels let you park your car there while you cruise?

were driving from dallas on Friday night (late late) and will sail early sunday (not for a long long time lol)

whats a great hotel that isnt expensive that has the shuttles to the boat?

we can stay somewhere super duper cheap at 1am on Sat morning and move to a nicer place for our sat night...

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Passenger

We are staying at the Holiday Inn. I have never stayed there though. I know that they do have complimentary shuttle to and from the port as well as complimentary parking during the cruise. Hope that helps.
Old February 13th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

There are several. Holiday Inn on the beach, Holiday Inn Sun spree, La Quinta near the Galveston airport. All have special cruise deals.

Word of caution As soon as you book your cruise, make reservations for your room. Since the Conquest hit Galveston, they are booking fast. We will be in the Holiday Inn Sun Spree this June. I made reservations last Sept. We got the last two rooms.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 13th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

We always stay at La Quinta and its right across from the beach. Then go to EZ parking and cruise.
Old February 14th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Admiral

Cheryl, There is a brand new La Quinta near the airport. Is that the one you are talking about?
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old February 14th, 2007, 12:49 AM
First Mate

We stayed at Baymont Inn & Suites because they had a killer deal! DH, myself and 6 kids were cruising, so we needed 2 rooms. The rooms were only $55 each per night and had 2 queen beds in each. Also a fridge and microwave. It's fairly new, so the rooms are still very nice. Every room has a balcony.

They also provide free cruise parking, although we decided next time we take the whole family we'll just park at EZ parking. We had decided to have DH take the rest of us and luggage and drop us off, take our car back to the hotel and then take a taxi back to the pier. Worked out pretty well on embarkation, but upon debarkation, it took forever for him to get a taxi. We thought it would save some money, however the taxi ride ended up costing around $25 and if we had booked EZ parking online, it would have been $35. There are a number of hotels that offer cruise parking, but just a handful that also provide FREE shuttle service. You can go to galveston.com/lodging to check it all out. Again, when it says 'parking & transportation' click on the drop down menu to see if they charge for it.

Rhapsody of the Seas - long ago, in a galaxy far away!
Ecstasy - Jan. 2007
Conquest - Sept. 2007 cruisemates 4Bs
Ecstasy - Jan. 2008
Old February 14th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Admiral

Luanne - I'm not sure - I'll have to check for you. I don't think it was near the airport - but was real close to the terminal. Nothing real fancy - but all LaQuintas are nice and they have comp breakfast which is nice. It was right across the street from the beach.
Old February 14th, 2007, 12:58 AM
Admiral

We stayed in the one closest to the port last time, because I waited to long to book, and it was a dump. The one I am talking about is the one with Denny's in the parking lot. There is also a group of hookers that hang out and sometimes knock on the room doors. The one further down is new and suppose to be really nice.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old February 14th, 2007, 01:17 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo
There is also a group of hookers that hang out and sometimes knock on the room doors.
Luanne,
That's hysterical! Did they knock on your door?

Rhapsody of the Seas - long ago, in a galaxy far away!
Ecstasy - Jan. 2007
Conquest - Sept. 2007 cruisemates 4Bs
Ecstasy - Jan. 2008
Old February 14th, 2007, 01:25 AM
Admiral

No, but my kids had their own room. I made sure they didn't have any money for the night. What teen boy wants to come and ask his mom for money for that.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old February 15th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

We stayed at Guido's which was pretty decent and affordable. They also had a very good restaurant and they give you a 20% discount. You can park your car there for the cruise duration. They don't have a shuttle but a cab ride was less than $10.00 and we had a van that held 7 people.
Old February 15th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Passenger

We're staying at the Galveston Island Hilton....only $85.00 for the night...they do have free parking and a free shuttle....although I am surprising our group with a stretch limo! Silly, I know but what the heck...it's VACATION!!
Old February 15th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Admiral

Hey -- my dad did that one year --- it was supposed to be a limo - but they showed up at the house with a huge travel bus (fancy one) -- whole bus for 9 people. It was a hoot!!!
Old February 15th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylroy
Hey -- my dad did that one year --- it was supposed to be a limo - but they showed up at the house with a huge travel bus (fancy one) -- whole bus for 9 people. It was a hoot!!!
I will have to call them to verify that they are sending a limo....I've had spinal surgery and cannot get into a bus, which is why I called a limo company. Actually it's a funeral home which rents it's vehicles....let's hope!! Thanks for the heads up!
Old February 15th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Beginner

Has anyone stayed at the Ramada, from what I see its where you can see the ships dock and neat and clean
We're going on 12-9-07, combining our grand-daughters wedding on the
Conquest before the ship leaves and family vacation. First tome cruise for all of us.
Thanks
Old February 16th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Admiral

We stayed at the Harbor House Hotel last time. We were able to watch the cruise ships come in and depart. We drove to the terminal, dropped off the luggage, parked at teh hotel for $20.00 total and walked back to the terminal. It was so painless, I am doing it again in 13 days!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.