Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2007, 08:58 PM
Beginner

Default Long Beach Cruise Terminal

Hello,
K, here's my list of questions ~

Is it possible to check in early on the Paradise ?
If so, how early and do we need to check in on the Queen Mary ?

Are there restaurants in the cruise terminal for us to dine at ?

Thanks ,
Angel
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2007, 06:37 AM
Passenger

I am sailing on the Pride March 4th and we are staying on the Queen Mary the night before. I was informed by the reservationist at Queen Mary that early checkin starts at 9:00AM and it is in the Queen Mary. As a side note. I found out that Queen Mary offers a Carnival good neighbor rate for cruise passengers for 119.00 per night in a first class category stateroom. That was about 60.00 less than the rate I was quoted before I told her I was cruising on Carnival.
Old February 24th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Beginner

Thanks so much for the info.
With early check in at 9am, when are we actually allowed on the ship ?

Angel
Old February 24th, 2007, 03:12 PM
prylwd

Default Hold on a sec...

I am also leaving from long beach. What is this about the queen mary? We have to get on this before the carnvial ship? I was told to get there at about 11am. If i get there at this time I will not get on the carnival ship but I will be on the queen mary?
Old February 24th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Captain

Default Re: Hold on a sec...

Quote:
Originally Posted by prylwd
I am also leaving from long beach. What is this about the queen mary? We have to get on this before the carnvial ship? I was told to get there at about 11am. If i get there at this time I will not get on the carnival ship but I will be on the queen mary?
lol...noooooooooooooooo they are staying at the queen mary the night before boarding thier cruise ship...like in a hotel.
Old February 24th, 2007, 03:31 PM
prylwd

Default Re: Hold on a sec...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseypoo5
Quote:
Originally Posted by prylwd
lol...noooooooooooooooo they are staying at the queen mary the night before boarding thier cruise ship...like in a hotel.
Ok so I won't have to get on the queen mary at all? Antoher question if I get their soo early is there stuff open on the ship while we are waiting all day for it to sail?
Old February 24th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Passenger

Even though you can checkin at 9AM on the Queen Mary (Hotel) you still have to wait for boarding time which is approximately 12:00 from what I am hearing. It may be a little earlier or later than that depending on if the ship came in a cleared immigration and a few other factors. The early checkin will get you in one of the first boarding groups. They will have a lunch buffet open on the ship when you board and a few of the bars will be open as well.
Old February 24th, 2007, 03:52 PM
prylwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billalford
Even though you can checkin at 9AM on the Queen Mary (Hotel) you still have to wait for boarding time which is approximately 12:00 from what I am hearing. It may be a little earlier or later than that depending on if the ship came in a cleared immigration and a few other factors. The early checkin will get you in one of the first boarding groups. They will have a lunch buffet open on the ship when you board and a few of the bars will be open as well.

B E A utiful.
Old February 24th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Beginner

Are there any restaurants or Cafe we could wait in until the 12:00 boarding ??

THanks
Old February 24th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Passenger

If you have never been on the Queen Mary you can take the historical tour and the Queen Mary has restraunts and coffee kiosk, etc. Other than that I believe its kind of a hike to get to anything else.
Old February 24th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Beginner

thanks a lot
Old February 25th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Admiral

Also please be aware that you wait outside and there is very limited seating (unless they have changed it from last March) and very limited cover.

We checked in at the back of the Queen Mary about 10am and then walked to the VIP line. We boarded between 12:15 and 12:30 as best as I can remember.

There are some kiosks in the outside waiting area that sold ice cream, drinks etc.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND