CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Door Decorations on Valor (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/328612-door-decorations-valor.html)

tngoldie February 22nd, 2007 10:17 PM

Door Decorations on Valor

I read something about some people decorating their cabin doors. Does anyone know if the Valor cabin doors are magnetic? If not, what is recommended to use?
Thanks! :D

1st time cruiser, sailing March 18, 2007

ready2gonow February 22nd, 2007 11:52 PM

tngoldie, I don't have an answer for you, I just wanted to welcome you to CruiseMates! I'm sure someone will come along with an answer to your question.

As you think of other questions, be sure to post them. The boards are a wealth of knowledge, just waiting to be tapped! LOL

Dixie Lee February 23rd, 2007 11:19 AM

Re: Door Decorations on Valor

Quote:

Originally Posted by tngoldie
I read something about some people decorating their cabin doors. Does anyone know if the Valor cabin doors are magnetic? If not, what is recommended to use?
Thanks! :D

1st time cruiser, sailing March 18, 2007

We sailed on the Holiday over Christmas and I bought a snowman designed to hang on a doorknob that I used to decorate our cabin door. I have hooks that are for the shower/tub and they attach with suction. Worked perfectly and since the doorknob hanger was lightweight, we never had to worry about it falling off. When we left, we were able to remove the hook with absolutely no marks left on the door. Not only was it fun to add our personal touch to our cabin, we could easily spot our cabin door. Enjoy your cruise, you will love it :D

criscomia February 23rd, 2007 12:19 PM

I too would like to know if the doors are metal on the Valor as well, because on my last couple of cruises (Celebrity and Holland) their doors were metal and I attached magnets to this banner (you know the ones you can put on a pole w/a bracket on the outside of your house) and it stayed on the door really well. It was a big sunshine with sunglasses and everyone loved it.........plus I was able to find my room after over indulging a bit. LOL

suebecdan March 1st, 2007 10:52 AM

I would also love to know. My cousin is getting married this new years on teh valor and we would love to decorate the doors of all ehr guests we have 17 cabins in a row jejeje.

Kymmyk13 March 1st, 2007 11:32 AM

I am confused, 1st tme cruiser here. Are that not numbers on the doors?

criscomia March 1st, 2007 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kymmyk13

Yes, there are numbers on the door, but it's alot of fun to decorate your door and show your personality.............it also helps late at night after having a few drinks to find your door more easily. :wink:

Dixie Lee March 1st, 2007 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kymmyk13

You also have to keep in mind that all the doors look alike and depending on where you enter the hallway your cabin is on, you might be close and you might be far away. But, I think that the main reason, at least for us, is the fun of it.

Chefkel22 March 1st, 2007 10:09 PM

First off, welcome to these boards. We hope you will learn many wonderful tips here. We sure have over the years.

As for the Valor, yes the rooms are numbered. There are little numbers to the side of the doors. Kind of like house numbers. And there are also little mailboxes for notes, etc.

As for the doors, yes they are metal and magnetic.

We sailed the Valor last year and yes, the doors all look the same when you enter the hallway.

We had 5 families traveling together and a total of 7 rooms. We brought magnetic white boards for each of the doors. This allowed the kids to leave messages for each other, etc.

We also have done tropical paper decorations using some specialty tape found at the party store (won't remove the paint).

This year we are sailing in July and I have purchased some very discounted holiday decorations for our doors. Kind of a Christmas in July idea.

Good luck and enjoy the boards.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions regarding the Valor. Great ship and you will have a wonderful time.

Safe sailing.

ready2gonow March 1st, 2007 11:28 PM

Have any of you ever had a problem with someone (a child, probably) taking your decorations or moving them to another door or erasing a message that was left for you?

Also, did you buy magnets and glue them to the back of your decorations? Just curious. :D

Fern March 2nd, 2007 07:47 PM

We put some decorations on our door on our last cruise. One night we came back and they were on the room next door! Our room steward was standing there and when we asked if he'd done it he said "Oh, no LOL !, with a smile. I'm sure he would have moved them back before he left.

I bought the magnetic paper and some ship themed decorations (I found mine at Office Depot) that are usually used for scrap booking, glued them onto the paper and cut them out. Besides being fun, they are good for finding your cabin!

Chefkel22 March 2nd, 2007 09:12 PM

No, I guess we have been lucky. 2 cruises with decorations and no problems.

As for the white boards, they came with magnets.

The decorations I used a special tape that does not remove paint. We found it at the party store.

Have fun with it.

Safe sailing.

Ro March 2nd, 2007 10:22 PM

I have only been on two cruises. On the first cruise I noticed people had placed door decorations on their doors so that would be easy to find them. On the second cruise I bought an American flag to place on our door and one for the cabin door of the couple who came on the cruise with us. It was so easy to find the cabins. This third cruise next month I am bringing a palm tree decoration from the party store to put on the door. It works to locate your cabin.