Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2007, 01:33 PM
Beginner

Default sleeping 4 to a room

When we took our last cruise, which was on the Carnival Fascination, we had two twin beds, another twin (if you could call it that) that folded down from the wall, and another "bed" that was really a crib mattress that was stored under one of the twin beds. Since my children were small, it was OK, but now that they're older, that same situation just won't work. My youngest has definitely outgrown that crib mattress. When I look at the rooms online, they only show 2 twin beds. Will someone please explain to me how they put 4 regular size people in those rooms. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2007, 01:35 PM
prylwd

Default Re: sleeping 4 to a room

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp
When we took our last cruise, which was on the Carnival Fascination, we had two twin beds, another twin (if you could call it that) that folded down from the wall, and another "bed" that was really a crib mattress that was stored under one of the twin beds. Since my children were small, it was OK, but now that they're older, that same situation just won't work. My youngest has definitely outgrown that crib mattress. When I look at the rooms online, they only show 2 twin beds. Will someone please explain to me how they put 4 regular size people in those rooms. Thanks!

wow great question. Especially since I am going to have the same problem. 4 male adults in 1 inside smallest cabin. Is this going to be feesible?
Old February 23rd, 2007, 01:39 PM
Beginner

I'm wondering if they knew I had small children from our reservation information and put us in that type of room??? That's why I'm trying to figure out how these rooms are set up because I don't want that type of room again.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 01:58 PM
prylwd

Quote:
I'm wondering if they knew I had small children from our reservation information and put us in that type of room??? That's why I'm trying to figure out how these rooms are set up because I don't want that type of room again.
Now u really got me questioning myself man. I am going with myself and 3 other dudes. All pretty decent sized guys. ***edited to remove bad language*** I myself am 6'2 I can't fit in any kiddie bed.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 02:05 PM
Familiar Face

The best way I can describe it, is 2 beds that fold down from the ceiling. We had our 2 teenage daughters up there for our first cruise and it worked very well. These beds can hold up to 200lbs or so.
Dave
Old February 23rd, 2007, 02:44 PM
Beginner

That's what I was lead to believe too, but upon arriving in our cabin, we only had one twin bed that folded down from wall and another small crib size mattress that was stored underneath one of the beds.

Is it standard to have two beds that fold down from the wall and if so, I got gyped on our last cruise because that is what I was led to believe we were getting.

Again, back to my original question... what is standard??
Old February 23rd, 2007, 02:47 PM
Admiral

last year we had 4 adults in the interior cabin on Imagination; the top beds fold down; just a little less narrow than a single bed; however, the distance between the bed and the ceiling was about 18"; just don't sit up to fast!

with 4 adutls in one room, you can' t all try to get dressed at once; I believe there are showers and changing rooms in the gym which should ease that up a bit
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old February 23rd, 2007, 02:56 PM
Beginner

msblackjack,

So you actually had TWO fold down beds in your cabin?
Old February 23rd, 2007, 03:22 PM
Passenger

There are two beds in the stateroom and they can be joined together to convert to a king bed. We had an interior stateroom last year with the two standard beds that were converted and then there were two upper bunks that the steward could pull out each night. We are sailing next week on the Sensation and we have an oceanview room---the room is exactly the same as it was last year on the Celebration---the two standard beds and then the two upper bunks.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 03:34 PM
Beginner

I'm glad to know that there are two beds that can be folded down from the wall. Why we only had one is a mystery, especially since they knew we had 4 people in the room. I guess the next time, I'll be sure to reserve a cabin that I know has four beds. Thanks for everyone's help.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 03:36 PM
Beginner

When we went on the Fantasy, there was only three of us. We got two twin beds and a very uncomfortable twin mattress that was close to the floor. Every since we've had four people and we get two twin beds and two twin beds that are either attached to the wall or come down from the ceiling. These beds can hold good sized teenage boys. Hope this helps.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 03:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

I gave up and started booking two connecting cabins my last cruise.

RCCL Independence 4/4/09 - Revenge of the JUGS
Carnival Liberty 3/25/07 - "Spring Break" J.U.G.s (Just Us Girls) Cruise - plus my kids
Carnival Liberty 11/20/05 "I ain't cookin' Thanksgiving dinner" Cruise
NCL Norway - "I'm Pregnant with a 1-year-old" Cruise
Carnival Destiny 6/28/98 - "Honeymoon from Hell" Cruise
Royal Caribbean - 1988 - "Ex-Husband" Cruise
Old February 23rd, 2007, 04:12 PM
Admiral

Quote:
msblackjack,

So you actually had TWO fold down beds in your cabin?
I believe that the majority of the interior rooms on the Imagination had the 2 beds that fold down from the wall; there may be some of the smaller interior rooms that have only one - you will note on the deck plans for the Carnival ships that if they have (2) dots on the color coded room number that indicates two upper beds
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old February 23rd, 2007, 07:05 PM
Passenger

From what I understand, all of the staterooms are 185 ft in size, other than the suites, which are larger. Some of the rooms have only 1 bed, and our travel agent said that the quad staterooms go fast, so it is best to book early. But each time we have sailed, we have had two uppers on the ship. We are sailing with four next week, and I know that it is going to be tight, but it is able to be done. Just hope I have alot of patience!
Old February 26th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Beginner

I have been on 4 cruises where there were four of us in the cabin. All had the two twin beds on the floor and two upper berths. We considered it to be "cozy"! Two of the times, it was my husband, me and our two pre-teens, so the uppers were just fine. The other two times, though, there were four adult women in the cabin, so we drew straws to see who got the uppers (just kidding). The two of us that could climb the ladder the easiest took the upper berths...and I can attest to the prior comment about the amount of room between the bed and the ceiling...do not sit up fast!
Old February 27th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Admiral

On my very first cruise, on the Ecstasy, we had an interior cabin and it had two folddown beds.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.