Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Passenger

My name is Sherri and my husband is Rick. This coming April will be my 8th cruise, 4th on Carnival. We lived in the Florida Keys until last year when we moved to Tennessee. (Talk about both ends of the spectrum).

I found CruiseMates by Google(ing) "Cruise Reviews". Been a member for years but when we moved, I forgot all my sign in info so just signed on as a new Mate.
Inspiration (4/07)
NCL Sea
Sun
SS Norway
RCCL Majesty of the Seas
Old February 26th, 2007, 01:53 PM
First Mate

I'm Tracy and my husband is John. We have four kids ranging in ages 15 - 4. And a cat. The Sept. 9th Conquest cruise will be my first, but my husband has gone on a few with his first wife. It's been 10 years since he last cruised, though.

I found CruiseMates by the recommendation of a friend at work. They are big cruisers, she recommended this site.
Old February 26th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Admiral

Hi everyone!

I'm Fern and DH is Dave. Our first cruise was a "freebie" from Dave's work. We had two weeks notice and had no idea what we were doing . I took all the wrong clothes and didn't take duct tape ! We've been hooked ever since.

I found this site in a newspaper article by Bob Schwabach after our first cruise. CM's was listed as "one of the best" cruise sites.

I think it IS the best! I tell anyone who's even remotely interested in cruising about CM's.

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old February 26th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Beginner

We have cruised three times and are having trouble deciding between two cruises in August. Both are 5-day cruises one is the Carnival Inspiration and the other is Royal Caribbean's Enchantment of the Sea.

Can anyone help?
Old February 26th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Admiral

Hi, Mates!

I'm Darlene and my DH is Don. I retired last December, but have become the care-giver of my 101 year old MIL. I think I need to go back to work and get some rest!

I've been trying to remember how I found CruiseMates. I think it was listed as an information source in a column in the Sunday Travel section of the Houston Chronicle.

My first cruise was many years ago. Although we fell in love with it, finances and family prevented us from cruising for many years. When our DS got married, we gave him and his wife a cruise for their honeymoon. The next year I decided it was my turn, again, and again, and again. Well, you get the picture. I'm hooked.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old February 26th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwall61653
We have cruised three times and are having trouble deciding between two cruises in August. Both are 5-day cruises one is the Carnival Inspiration and the other is Royal Caribbean's Enchantment of the Sea.

Can anyone help?
I'd probably chose the Enchantment because she got a complete refurb last year, so I'm sure it's still looking sparkling and new, and some new features as well.

Inspirtation will have larger cabins though.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 27th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Come on everyone!!! There are thousands on here. Let us hear from you!!
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 27th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Passenger

Hi everyone! I'm Debby. I'm on the dark side of 40. I took a cruise in '85 out of Hamburg Germany on Princess Line (I think) on New Years Eve to Copenhagen. I was in the Air Force stationed in Germany so it was a weekend get away. Don't remember much, (Ha Ha) maybe not much to remember. Anyway my sister Teena and I cruised this past Nov on Fantasy out of New Orleans. Wonderful. I knew I'd be back. (Our excursions were awful but I'm still trying to get that bandaided.) My friend of 34 years Cindy is going with me this Thankgiving out of Galveston on the Conquest. I am so looking foward to this. I have found my passion. I just wish my wallet and my work would allow me to go more often. I am from Alexandria Louisiana and I found this site by looking for cruise reviews. This one is the best that I've found.
Thank you for the nice thread! Good to meet ya'll!
Old February 27th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi everyone!
My name is Cathy and my DH is Roy. I found this site last fall when I was looking for a place to go with my 25 yr. old daughter when our trip to Vegas fell through. She and I went on the Fantasy in Oct and decided on the first day that we would try to do this once a year. Then on our last full day of our 4 day cruise, we won a free cruise for two playing Bingo!
My husband had stayed in Minnesota to watch my grandson so we could go so needless to say, we brought him along on our next cruise which we too this month. Thankfully, he enjoyed it too since I'm hooked. We are hoping to take another cruise in the fall - perhaps with my other daughter, son-in-law and 2 yr. old grandson.
This board is addictive but it's a good addiction!

FANTASY October/06
ELATION February/07
SENSATION August/09

Old February 27th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi I'am Linda and my hubby is Leo, this will be our 7th Carnival cruise leaving on March 17 on the Liberty. We are also going on the Freedom for Turkeys cruise in November. I have been coming to this site for about five years, I don't post much but I'am here several times a day. Anytime my day starts to get me down at work I jump over for a few minutes and I'am all better. I don't come to the chat much, the main reason is I don't use my computer at home very much after being on one at work all day.
Old February 27th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Passenger

Hi all. My name is Tracie, and my husband is David. We are from a small town in South Central Georgia. We leave Thursday on our 2nd cruise. We will be sailing the Sensation and we are so ready! Only the 2nd cruise, but already suffering from the addiction, and I am sure that it is going to get worse!
Old February 27th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Passenger

Hi everyone. We are so excited about our 8/17/ 07 freedom cruise. I'm larry and wife Barbara are from bucks County Pa. We are in our mid 60's and very young at heart. Meet us at the 70s dance club. We will be celebrating our 40th. anniversery on 8/27/07. We have 2 married grown boys and awaiting first grandchild in April. It's about time! This will be our 8th cruise. First time on Carnival. We really like this site. great info.
Old February 27th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Passenger

My name is David. My wife Britnie and my son Berkley will be going on our first cruise on May 12th on the Triumph going to the Western Caribbean.

We are so excited for this trip!!!!
Old February 27th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Beginner

Hi all my name is Gord and my dw is Beth, This will be my 6th cruise and dw her 2nd, her first was when i proposed to her on the SS NORWAY we are both 25 and live in the cold province of Saskatchewan, I found cruisemates on a google search. We will be taking our 2 kids on the Freedom and looking forward to it.
Old February 27th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Passenger

My name is Sarah, and my husband is Mike. We're both 30, live in the Cleveland, OH area and have a 15 month old daughter. I've been on two cruises ( both pre-baby), and now I'm trying to convince my husband that we should go on a third in June of 2008 with our dd. Wish me luck. I found cruisemates four years ago when I searched "cruise reviews." I've been enjoying the site for years, and I just registered today.
Old February 27th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Admiral

Sarah,

You make me very happy!! You said what I have been looking for when I started this thread. I know that all of you are out there. Like Sarah, you read us everyday, which is wonderful, but you could be giving advice, or you could ask that question, no one has thought of.

Remember, without all of us, there would be no Cruisemates.

Come on guys!!! This is your turn. Maybe your palms are sweaty, and you are so scared to type, but this is a call for all of you to come out and play with us. Once you make that first post, it will be so much easier the next time.

Welcome Sarah!! You put it well.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old February 28th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Yeoman

Hey Luanne...............FINALLY..........66 more days until we cruise on the Valor, May 6th. Eastern Caribbean.

My name is Cindi and I will be cruising with 11 other wild and crazy women. (Me, Vita, Karen, Anne, Evelyn, Jaime, Jolene, Carolee, Rina, Marilyn, Kathrine and Bonnie).

I've been on 3 other cruises (Holland, RCCL and Celbrity) and my first time on Carnival is coming up. Most of the ladies I'm traveling with have never been on a cruise, so this should be a hoot.

We booked this cruise when the count down was around 355 days, so it's been a long time coming.........at least we are now into the double digits.....can't wait for the single digits. You'll be hearing my "DOC" dance in about 30 days..........YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful cruise!
Old February 28th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Passenger

Hello I'm Freddie, me and honey have been on 9 Carnival cruises, and planning our 10th for the weekend after Thanksgiving on the new Carnival Freedom. PS. I'm the original fun ship Freddie
Old February 28th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Captain

Hello to all Cruisemates;
My name is Gary my DW Roxie and I are the high side of 55. We have been on two cruises 1996 on the Fantasy, and earlier this month on the Glory. I know I have chatted, and put my 2cents worth in with some of you. We hope to go on the Eastern route on the glory next Feb. Will see how it works out.
We enjoy cruising and talking about cruising.
We are Hooked Everyone enjoy

Gary
PS
Luanne I the got sweat wipped off of my hands and did it without my wife.
Glory Western 2-07
Ecstasy 01-08
Ecstasy Feb. 1st. & Feb. 6th. 2010 B to B
Freedom 12-12-10
Freedom 09-24-11
Triumph 09-10-12
Triumph 09-15-12
Triumph 09-23-13
Triumph 09-28-13

Old February 28th, 2007, 05:30 PM
First Mate

This will be our 5th or 6th cruise and we love it. We are on GLORY
3 NOV 2007. Both of us (bob&cyndi) love crusing. I dont fly so we drive from Chesapeake, va to Port canaveral or Miami,Usually arriving 1 day early. We have also taken the train to miami (long ride), also the
AUTO TRAIN from lorton va. I like to sit and relax ,watch people it fun also like to swim and slots. Hope to meet new people prior to goin in Nov of this year.I am usually on the cruise mates at night. Bob
Old February 28th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Admiral

My first one was on the Mardi Gras in 1986.and been cruising ever since
next one is in nov on the maasdam
Old February 28th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Admiral

JC and Phyllis from Eastern Long Island. I found CruiseMates from an interesting article in the NY TImes on Feb 25 that mentioned this site.
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old March 2nd, 2007, 09:51 AM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to Maria1879

I'm from Utah. Our European cruise in April is my second cruise on Carnival. I learned about Cruise Mates watching a Travel Channel special on cruising, where they had a Cruise Mates representative talking about one of the RCCL ships. Thought I would check it out

My first cruise was in 1996, and was on the Carnival Imagination to the Western Carribean
Old March 2nd, 2007, 02:50 PM
Trippdiver

My name is Tripp my soon to be DW is Sandie, we have been on 5 Cruises and are currently trying to get together another group cruise on the Carnival Triumph sailing on April 5th - 12th, 2008 so if anyone out there is interested please send me an email and I will give you the info. I just recently found Cruise Mates by doing a search on Ask.com for group cruise information. Hope to hear from a few of you.

Tripp
Old March 2nd, 2007, 03:43 PM
First Mate

My name is Dottie and we're about to take our second cruise this month. We have two children ages almost 5 and 8yrs. They are SO excited about the upcoming cruise!!!!

We first sailed on the Spirit in '05 to Alaska. This time around we'll be on the Conquest sailing March 19th to the Western Caribbean.

We are already thinking about cruise #3

2005 Carnival Spirit to Alaska

2007 Carnival Conquest to Western Caribbean

2008 Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas to New England/Canada

2010 Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas to Southern Caribbean
Old March 3rd, 2007, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

Hi my name is Ro from Tarpon Springs Fl. I have been on two cruises before both on The Inspiration. Going on my third on April 29 with my sister Mar who has never been on a cruise. I was searching for answers to alot of the questions I had since I was a newbie to cruising. I had no idea what to expect. I also booked online so I had no one to ask these questions of. I went researching on the computer and found this awesome site it gave me all the answers to each and every question I had plus I got to talk with nice people to. I love this site!

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old March 3rd, 2007, 10:34 AM
Passenger

I am Terri and My husband Chris are going on our second cruise this May. I just googled cruises and found this site.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 11:33 AM
Passenger

Hi,
My name is Jana. I will be traveling with DH Jon and DD2 in a few weeks. This is my third cruise and our upcoming cruise will be our second together as a family. We were hoping to all travel together with both DDs in March for DD2's 16th BD and DD's 21st, but DD1's boss was a "stick in the mud" and would not let her off from work. Lucky her (ME), I get travel again in August to celebrate her 21st with her!
I found this site through a Yahoo search for hints/photos of Carnival Conquest. We are a bit nervous about sailing on such a large ship...teehee !...but I am certain we will get over it the minute we step on board!
Old March 3rd, 2007, 12:05 PM
Passenger

Hello, to everyone! My name is Kat and my husband Don and I just returned from our first cruse the Spirit Mexican Riveria 2/11! I loved it but coudn't have done it without the help of reading all of these forums!! Yep I'm the shy type but am willing to try to overcome if anyone has any questions about our trip. We sail with my husbands brother and wife Bob & Pat and have already booked our 2nd cruise on the Conquest from Galveston 12/2! Guess we got hooked. I found this site when I was searching yahoo and read it almost everday, just was to chicken to post! Thanks for the invite Luanne and encouragement or I would still be reading.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 12:10 PM
Admiral

Great probie!!!!! That was the idea. Now tell all the folks like you who are afraid to post, that it didn't hurt a bit!!!
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008