Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2007, 12:52 PM
Captain

hi luanne

i'm denise and i have kitty name daffy daffy and i are moving thiss weekend we are saying good bye to mn and hello southern IL how did i find cruisemates i was massing around on the computer and i found
cruisemates i enjoy talking to people about crusing i have been on three cruise frrist one was with my in-laws second and thrid was with my mom we had a blist will i have to go will be back soon
Old March 3rd, 2007, 09:13 PM
Admiral

Hi Denise,

It's great to see you posting again! I hope your move is easy and when you get set up in IL you'll be back with us! I always enjoy your posts.

Give Daffy a hug from BJ >^..^< & me !

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old March 4th, 2007, 09:44 AM
First Mate

Default 3 cruise

hallo i'm arie from the netherlands glad too meet you all on forum we travel with carnival only thats for us the best we make first a cruise with the sensation the innaguration too mexico grand cayman and jamaica it was wunderfull. the second was with the destiny allso a great experience.
now we must waiting for carnival freedom

-------------------------------
carnival sensation 11/93
carnival destiny 03/06
carnival freedom 07/07
carnival miracle 02/09
rci serenade of the seas 01/10
Old March 4th, 2007, 11:40 AM
First Mate

Hi Luanne and everyone,

My name is Cathy and my husband is Mike. We went on our first cruise 12/4/2005 on the Carnival Conquest and like everyone else, we can't wait to go again.

I found this site before our cruise, when I was crazy for information on the Conquest and everything pretaining to my cruise. I got a lot of valuable information from all of you.

Like a lot of people I read more than I post - just can't seem to get enough information. I am really getting anzty for another cruise so I will probably be on here a lot more in the months to come. Can't afford the cruise right now, but cruisemates is Free!

Free Cruise Clocks
Carnival Conquest - 12/4/2005
Old March 6th, 2007, 01:38 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to Amie

Hi. I am Amie. My DH is Chris. We are about to book our first cruise in June on the Paradise for our 10th wedding anniversary. I will be going on my 2nd cruise in October with a couple of my friends. I beleive that is also on the Paradise. We are cruising with the Sisterchicks.

I have been lurking for a couple of months and have gathered some great info. I can't wait to go on our first cruise.
Old March 6th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to RRush1969

My name is Rob. My fiance's name is Tara. We are getting married on the beach in Galveston on June 23rd. We are both going on our first cruise June 25th on the Excstasy. Can't wait for June!!

Old March 6th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have been sailg since I was 8 years old and I am 34 now. I went on the original ship called carnival. I have been on 11 ships since I became an adult. I have been on several other like SS. Emerald when I was a young child. I love cruising and believe that it is a great deal. Thank god my Dh loves it as much as I do. We will be sailing on the valor for new years this eyar we can not wait. We have a rgoup of 32 coming on board with us.
Old March 6th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Admiral

Ro-great animation, but after looking at it for a while I might need the Drammamine !
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old March 6th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Admiral

Have I been here before??

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old March 7th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROBIE
Hello, to everyone! My name is Kat and my husband Don and I just returned from our first cruse the Spirit Mexican Riveria 2/11! I loved it but coudn't have done it without the help of reading all of these forums!! Yep I'm the shy type but am willing to try to overcome if anyone has any questions about our trip. We sail with my husbands brother and wife Bob & Pat and have already booked our 2nd cruise on the Conquest from Galveston 12/2! Guess we got hooked. I found this site when I was searching yahoo and read it almost everday, just was to chicken to post! Thanks for the invite Luanne and encouragement or I would still be reading.
I'd love to hear your thoughts about the cruise, especially the ship. Was it what you expected? Have you already written a review?
Old March 7th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to saleaaway

Hi my name is Elaine and I've gone on 8 cruises with the 9th booked next year. I'm new to the board but am already enjoying my time here.
Old March 8th, 2007, 04:08 AM
Passenger

Default Hi All!!

My Name is Amy, but am usually called Baby or Brat....depending on my mood...or the people around me.

My DH is James and my DD, Katie, who is 19yo are ALL addicted to cruising!!!

I am going on my 5th cruise, my DD on her 2nd, and the DH jealous of us both because he cannot take off work to go with us since his first!!!

We live in Florida, which makes it that much HARDER not to TRY to get on a cruise every other WEEK!!! It's such a short drive to the ports......If ONLY I was independently wealthy and didn't depend on a job to continue to finance my addiction!!

We are looking at cruises for June, for my best friend's daughter's 18th birthday, are thinking about a new years cruise with a group I met on another site, and the Victory (again) for November 2008........If I get all of those booked, I will be about HALF satisfied......January to November is QUITE a long time to go without a cruise!!

I am a rambler....and for that I apologize.....I just get SO EXCITED any time I'm talking about cruising!!! Right now I'm even worse because we will be on the Sensation in 10 days!!!! 8)

I found out about Cruisemates just a couple days ago from someone on Cruisecritic, where I have been for the past year or so.......I must say that they are both very informative and have great people to chat with!!!
I've already "met" a couple great folks on here!!!!
Helps to feed my addiction even more!!!

Thanks for letting me play!!! I LOVE chatting with other addicts!!!
:::assing the candle::::::

Carnival Celebration 9/29/05- Bahamas
Carnival Victory 5/7/06- Western Carribean
Carnival Sensation 10/8/06- Bahamas
Carnival Sensation 3/18/07- ROUND TWO
Carnival Inspiration 10/4/07-Cozumel
Carnival Victory 11/9/08- Eastern Carribean
Old March 8th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Captain

Hi, we are Kathy and Greg from Florida. Originally from Oregon.

6/30/07 will be our first cruise on the Carnival Gory,
However we have cruised 13 times with DCL and have 4 more cruises booked through 08 with DCL.
we are very excited about trying the Glory.

Our daughter, her husband and 2 kids are coming too. It should be an awesome cruise,
Kathy

20 DCL cruises and counting!
1 Carnival Glory cruise

Waiitng for the new ships to arrive for more magical cruises!!
Old March 8th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Passenger

Hello! My name is Beth, and husband is Justin. He's posted on here a couple of times, but today is the first time I have. We first cruised on our honeymoon 8 years ago and have been addicted since. Now we have his parents addicted and will be going with them and aunt/uncle on the Carnival Glory on May 26th to the Eastern Caribbean.

Justin found the site somehow, and we have learned soooo much from it - especially the what to take, where to go, and where to stay in the departure ports. Thanks for all of the good advice!
Old March 9th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi all;

My Name is Mark. I am from Sandwich Illinois. my girlfriend Kari and I just got back a few weeks ago from our first cruise. We left feb 11 from Tampa on the Carnival Miracle for the Western Carribean. I am totally hooked on cruising. The group we went with is already setting up plans for next year, and planning on this to be an annual event. We are sold on Carnival due to the "Fun Ship" motto. They live up to that big time!

I found Cruisemates through a google search on cruises.
Old March 9th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Captain

Hi,
I forgot to say in my post that I found this site by google for cruise boards
Kathy

1 Carnival Glory cruise

Old March 9th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Passenger

my now wife signed us up for a timeshare pitch which came with a 3 night Bahamas cuise as the "carrot". loved the cruise even if it was a crappy old ship from "who knows" cruise line. the next year we took a RC cruise on the Majesty and on that cruise I proposed to my wife, on paradise island in the bahamas after we did the dolphin experience. the next cruise was for our honey moon and this year we went again to celebrate our 1st anniversary. last two were on conquest and destiny respectively. we are not sure when we will go again this year as we are trying to get pregnant, but if we are not, come this January.....we are goin!
Old March 9th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Captain

A lot of babies are born about 9 months after a cruise!!

After our last cruise 2 ladies reported getting pregnant!!
You should cruise and that may take care of baby and a vacation too!!

Kathy

1 Carnival Glory cruise

Old March 9th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Hi Everyone

My name is Kelly and my Hubby is Mark, married 27 years this April..We have 3 grown sons and show dogs in our spare time..This July we are cruiseing with Carnival to Alaska...Its our first cruise and I am afraid I am driving my husband crazy with all my cruise talk..He told me to book whatever I wanted. Isnt he great!..Soo doing what a good wife would do I booked him the big room with the huge balcony..
I found this board through Google and have learned soo much from everyone! THANK YOU!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things
that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ Mark Twain
Old March 9th, 2007, 10:44 PM
First Mate

I don't recall how I found this website, but it's just awesome. The people are great and you can capture some great information here. I have been on 28 cruises - upcoming 17th on Carnival on 3/22/07 - a short one on the Inspiration. I love living in Florida. Chris is the name. I hate cruising

3/22/07 Carnival Inspiration Western Caribbean TBA 4

12/2/2006 Carnival Glory Exotic W. Caribbean 1046 7

11/2/2006 Elation Freeport & Nassau U217 4

10/1/2006 Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas Eastern Caribbean 7

4/23/2006 Carnival Valor Eastern Caribbean 1107 7

6/10/2005 Golden Princess (Northern European Capitals) 10

12/3/2005 Carnival Legend Exotic W. Caribbean 8241 8

11/21/2004 Carnival Victory Western Caribbean 1047 7

4/13/2004 Carnival Legend Exotic S. Caribbean 8152 8

12/13/2003 Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean 8296 7

5/17/2003 Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean 8208 7

11/3/2002 Carnival Victory Eastern Caribbean 1065 7

4/21/2002 Carnival Victory Eastern Caribbean 6229 7

10/22/2000 Carnival Victory Eastern Caribbean 9203 7

5/14/2000 Paradise Eastern Caribbean U74 7

10/12/2001 Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas Eastern Caribbean 7

11/20/1999 Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean 2456 7

4/10/1999 Imagination Western Caribbean M254 7

11/29/1997 Imagination Western Caribbean 7

12/3/1994 Cunard Crown Dynasty Eastern Caribbean 7

3/24/1994 Fantasy Bahamas R161 3

9/9/1988 Commodore Caribe I Eastern Caribbean 7 Day

June, 1984 - August 1991 - 6 on Premier Lines Big Red Boat (Majestic, Royal, Oceanic and Atlantic) - all to the Bahamas
Old March 11th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Beginner

Hello - I'm Linda, DH is Steve and we're from the mid-michigan area. We're going on our 4th cruise this year but the first with Carnival. We'll be on the Liberty in Oct - the "Halloween Cruise", along with 2 sets of in-laws. We have two grown kids, 6 grandkids, and a black lab, Dakota. Found CruiseMates on a re-direct from another site while looking for information on the ship we'll be on this year.
Old March 11th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ababa26
Hello - I'm Linda, DH is Steve and we're from the mid-michigan area. We're going on our 4th cruise this year but the first with Carnival. We'll be on the Liberty in Oct - the "Halloween Cruise", along with 2 sets of in-laws. We have two grown kids, 6 grandkids, and a black lab, Dakota. Found CruiseMates on a re-direct from another site while looking for information on the ship we'll be on this year.
Hello Linda;

Check out the Reader reviews on the Ship reviews tab. If you have not done this already you can click on cruise lines, then a particular ship. There is a lot of info good or bad that will give you a feel for the ship you will be sailing on, and what the trends for good times on board will be.
Old March 11th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Admiral

Hello everyone. I go by Seadog2. DW and I have been on 19 cruises (I think, I lose count) with or 20th in Sept. Well I guess you can say I'm addicted too. Sounds like a 12 step is needed. Enjoy.