Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default If You Are Reading The Carnival Board

Tell us a little about yourself. Is this your first cruise, or you 10th?

How did you find Cruisemates?

I am Luanne. Hubby is Jim We will be on our 5th cruise this June. I found Cruisemates, by typing in Cruising.

Now what about you?
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to David148 Send a message via Yahoo to David148

Sept. 9th 2007 will be my 3rd cruise! On the liberty!

this will be my 2nd time on Carnival, sailed NCL in 2005!

forgot how i really found this site hehe im sure from typing in "Jubilee" months b4 my 1st cruise! hehe

-David.
Old February 24th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi my name is Jeannine and my husband is Chris - We live in San Diego. I absolutely love cruising!

This will be my third cruise and my husbands first.

Carnival Spirit 11/07
Carnival Paradise 12/01
Carnival Elation 12/99
Old February 24th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Admiral

Next week.... I go on my 6th cruise and the 5th one with Carnival. I also hope to do 5 more in the next two years.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old February 24th, 2007, 10:29 PM
First Mate

I'm (surprise!) Terri. My husband, Larry, and I have been on 5 Carnival cruises and are booked for a 6th -- cruising the Mediterranean on Carnival's Freedom this May. (We've been on on a couple of other cruises, on other cruise lines, but prefer Carnival)

I found this website -- and a couple of other cruise message boards -- by googling "cruise chat." They are fabulous sources for information and tips.

We live on the left coast, have been married for 37 years and have two grown sons.
Old February 24th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Admiral

About 20 years ago, I got very seasick on my first cruise [Rotterdam V]. If you thought that would have been the end of cruising for me, you would been mistaken. For May 2007 will be cruise number 20 for this single hospital employee...who's been working for the Federal Government for nearly 25 years. Hence, the rapidly graying hair on this 50-year old. My "Elation" cruise will mark my 7th aboard a "Fun Ship". The first was about nine years ago on the "Holiday"; on tbe "Sensation" in 2002; "Paradise" in 2003; the "Conquest" in both 2004 and 2006; and a "crossing" on the "Liberty" in Spring 2006. The Rotterdam V? I cruised on her as the Rembrandt. Just weeks before Premier's bankruptcy.

This S. California resident can't remember how he first found "Cruisemates"

Jim
Old February 24th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Passenger

My name is Barbara and my daughter, Tammy, and I are taking or third cruise in April on the Triumph. My husband doesn't like to travel, so I am thankful for my single daughter who enjoys it and can afford to go.
Old February 25th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to randk

randy and kathy here from the qca. will be sailing in april 07 on the liberty and oct 07 on the fantasy. found this site by typing in cruise info and here we are

Fantasy 11/91
Inspiration 10/2001
Spirit 11/2002
Conquest 03/04
Legend 03/05
Legend 03/06 (again)
Liberty 04/07
Fantasy 10/07
Old February 25th, 2007, 01:04 AM
First Mate

I went on a cruise when I was 12 or so. It was onboard the Oceanic, one of the Big Red Boat's ships... not sure what happened to them, but that was 12 years ago now. Anyways, my wife and I went on an NCL cruise (her first) this past June for our honeymoon and are booked on a Carnival cruise onboard Miracle this September.
Old February 25th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to genngee

I am going on my 3rd Cruise (all Carnival) in 13 DAYS WOO HOOOOOOOOO

I found cruise mates my typing in cruise boards in Snap
Old February 25th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Beginner

My husband and 4 sons went on the Conquest in 2005. We loved it and are looking at another cruise this summer. I am looking at other cruise lines as well as Carnival but when sailing with 6, Carnival seems to win! Also, my teenage sons loved the all night Pizza and burgers!

I found this CruiseMates by googling Cruise reviews.

peachy
Old February 25th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Admiral

I feel like I am at a 12 step meeting. "Its been nearly a year since my last cruise. I know the first step to dealing with an addiction is to admit you have a problem. Well I admit it, I am hooked! I've cruised four times on Carnival RCCL and NCL. I will leave on my 5th cruise in less than three weeks. I also know that I am powerless to control my addiction, since it surely must be due to some recessive genetic predisposition since my husband and children are also cruise addicts."
I don't recall how I found Cruisemates, but I am sure glad I did.
Old February 25th, 2007, 11:59 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to MrPete

I think I came over when Anne Campbell left Cruise Critic. Not sure when that was, but I couldn't have posted much. I may have more than one screen name, but I only remember one.

Been on 19 cruises, with #20 coming this year. Daughter has been cruising with us for the past 6 or so, and is quite seasoned at the ripe old age of 8.
Past Cruises: Explorer of the Seas 2008 Explorer of the Seas 2007 Carnival Victory 2007 Explorer of the Seas 2006 Legend 2005 Miracle 2004 Disney Wonder 2004; Pride 2003 Legend 2002 Disney Wonder 2002 Destiny 2001 Victory 2000 Triumph 1999 Jubilee 1998 Imagination 1997 Imagination 1996 Fascination 1995 Ecstasy 1993 Fantasy 1990 Jubilee 1990 NCL Seaward 1989 Jubilee 1988
Old February 25th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Passenger

My name is Traci. I will be going on my first cruise in aug on the liberty. It has taken a few years to convince my husband to go on a cruise. We have two daughters. I found this place by searching cruise reviews. It has been a lot of help!!
Old February 25th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to ColoradoSweetheart Send a message via MSN to ColoradoSweetheart Send a message via Yahoo to ColoradoSweetheart
Default Introductions

I'm Connie and husband is Robert, we live in Denver, both 42 and this is our first cruise .. March 2, Carnival Legend ... Western Caribbean.

I googled for "Cruise Forums" or "Cruise Message Boards"
Old February 25th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Passenger

Hi I'm Chenoa and hubby is Mike. For some unknown reason we live in the very white state of Minnesota. We will be going on our 6th cruise on the Victory in April and taking our kids on their 1st cruise in August on the Liberty. We've become cruise-lovers and have converted a few of our friends too! Found this site the same as most of you...looking for cruise info. 8)
Old February 25th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Familiar Face

Hello. Dave and Denise here. Our first cruise was our honeymoon cruise on Carnival's Carnivale in 1983 (when cruising was just getting going). We are already booked for 2008 to celebrate our 25th anniversary, of course with Carnival on the Liberty. In between this 25 year period we went on 4 other cruises. One (believe it or not) was on a 9,000 ton Greek ship for a 2 week southern caribbean cruise in 1985 and then we took 20 years off until we went on the Triumph in 2005, the Valor in 2006 and the Conquest this year. I have no idea why we took 20 years off, but it will not happen again. lol
Dave
P.S. My oldest daughter came upon this site somehow, and told us about it before all of us went on the 2005 Triumph cruise.
Old February 25th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Welcome to all of you to Cruisemates. Now, where is the rest of you?
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 25th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Beginner

Thinking of our first cruise, so I did a google search for cruise reviews... And here I am, waiting for someone to chime in to my questions. Looks like a great board. 8)
Old February 25th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Admiral

My name is Manuel (Manny) and my wife is Rosanna. We started cruising for our honeymoon and have since done six cruises on Celebrity and one on Carnival Sensation. We are booked on the Liberty for April '07 and I guess you can say "cruising is our passion." Therefore "cruisemates" is where I spend most of my time when on the computer.

I found cruisemates by accident while looking for info on cruises several years ago.

Manuel
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old February 25th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

I'm Elaine and my husband is Doug... I have been cruising for over 20 years and thank goodness my husband loves it as much as I do (or else I would have to divorce him!!!). We have two daughters, Danielle 16 and Lauren 13 who have been cruising their entire lives.

Living in Florida makes it easy to cruise at least once a year as we don't have to pay airfare. Most times the extended family also cruises with us, i.e, sister, brother-in-law, nephews, and both sets of grandparents.

I believe my upcoming March 31st Liberty cruise will be my 20th cruise. I have every intention of beating the lady who has been on Carnival 100 times!!!

I came to this board when Kuki and Linda left the other one and invited me to come with them.... and I can't thank them enough because I still to this day get lots of great information on this site.

03/31/2007 Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean
07/10/2006 Carnival Fascination Key West & Cozumel
03/19/2006 Costa Magica (biggest mistake ever)
09/02/2005 Carnival Fascination Bahamas
03/18/2005 NCL Spirit Southern
3/20/2004 Carnival Triumph Western
3/16/2003 Carnival Spirit Exotic W. Caribbean
08/02 NCL Sun
12/21/2001 Carnival Spirit Southern Caribbean
10/15/2000 Carnival Destiny Southern Caribbean
1/31/2000 Carnival Ecstasy Western Caribbean
10/17/1999 Carnival Destiny Western Caribbean
10/98 RCL Grandeur of the Seas
10/18/1997 Carnival Fascination Southern Caribbean
10/6/1996 Carnival Sensation Western Caribbean
10/7/1995 Carnival Imagination Western Caribbean
10/94 Dolphin IV
11/6/1993 Carnival Celebration
11/1/1986 Carnival Carnivale
Old February 25th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Great thread Luanne!

Our family is me, Mrs Kuki (Geela), two Kuki Jrs. (Judd 25) (Jon 20) Sammy the frisbee crazed border collie (2). Everyone in the family has cruises except for Sammy.

I came to CruiseMates almost 8 years ago when I was invited to come "work" here as a writer. I'd been hosting live online cruise chat for 5 years prior to that.

We've been VERY lucky because "working" here has allowed us to cruise alot. I've honestly quit keeping track of how many, so you know it's been nice for us

Just sold my hotel/bar business in Dec. So at the moment I'm trying to figure out if I'm retired or between jobs
Old February 25th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Yeoman

Hi Luanne and all,
All I need to do is change the husband's name and month of cruise , because my name is Luanne too .

I am Luanne. Hubby is Mark. We will be on our 5th cruise this May. I found Cruisemates, by typing in Cruising. (I think this is how I found this website also)

I think not long ago I saw where there was a 3rd Luanne on this website also. If there are any more Luanne's out there...please come forward. Someday maybe we need to take a "Luanne Cruise". Family members welcome of course.
Old February 25th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Passenger

I am Larry and my wife is Pam. We live in central Virginia. We are getting ready to go on our second Glory cruise (3/24). We were on her last Feb for my 50th b'day and had a blast. We will be taking my step-kids this next time (girl 12 & boy 13). I am hoping to be able to cruise at least once per year from now on. Looking forward to the western itinerary this time (other then Nassau)
Old February 26th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to KayleighCheyenne Send a message via MSN to KayleighCheyenne

I'm Kayleigh, I'm 15. This will be my 2nd Carnival Cruise (glory 3/31/07)
and I found Cruisemates when I was googling Teen Cruisers!

First Cruise: Carnival Pride
Next Cruise: Carnival Glory 3/31/07
Old February 26th, 2007, 01:13 AM
First Mate

Margaret and Doug (along with Bethany, Jordan, Jarom, Caleb, Eden and Zipporah!) here! This will be our 3rd cruise. The first for dh and I was on RCCL to Alaska and we LOVED it! Then it took 9 years to go on another...last month we took all the kids on a 5-night Ecstasy cruise (we have to be careful to explain to the friends, when kiddos mention that they were on Ecstasy that it was a cruise SHIP! ).

So, now we live in Texas and I've got cruising back in my blood and we're within driving distance of Galveston, so, like beenie weenie, I will now admit that I have a problem...I plan to cruise any and every ship that leaves from Galveston!

The kids have decided that they only want to do cruise vacations from now on, too! I told them they had better stay off the "naughty" list! What CLOUT...better than Santa Claus -- "did you want to go with us or stay home with Grandma?!"

Anyway, this next one is just for the two of us. Celebrating our 24th anniversary.

I think I found this board doing a google search for cruise chat. It's been invaluable! Thank you, everyone, for your input...and hope to see some of you on the cruisemates 4B's Conquest cruise in September!

Rhapsody of the Seas - long ago, in a galaxy far away!
Ecstasy - Jan. 2007
Conquest - Sept. 2007 cruisemates 4Bs
Ecstasy - Jan. 2008
Old February 26th, 2007, 03:08 AM
Captain

i love nice posts ..

ok, someone on my lowcarbfriends.com site gave me this site to check out. I had a lot of questions about cruising. She gave me several but this is the only one ive checked out.

My name is Liz and my hubby is Terry. were both early 40's. I'm a pediatric nurse in Dallas and Terry is a paramedic at the childrens hospital in Fort Worth. 2 kids, 22 yr old daughter (who left the nest and came back lol) and 10 yr old son. 2 dogs and 2 fish

My son wants to be an oceanographer..he is all about ocean!

Our first cruise is the cruisemates cruise on Sept 9 on the Conquest! We'll take the kiddo's on thier first 4 nighter cruise in January.
Old February 26th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Djcarolina

My name is Ryan, i'm 17 and you'll usually find me over in the teen board showing off. I've been on many cruises, and if i'm correct my family and I are right around 77 cruises. No i'm not lying, my mother is a Travel Agent so a lot of those were only a few nights (2-3) and were for travel agents only but as a result of that, I've come to learn a lot about the cruising industry and the ships within it. Carnival is probably my favorite line, not because of the ships but rather the excitement and fun found on them. I look forward to persuing a career on a Carnival ship during/after college as a Club O2 director or social host. I found cruisemates through its sister site, www.cruisereviews.com and have been coming here to spout off about cruising ever since.

Oasis of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Monarch of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Fantasy
Sensation
Fascination
Carnival Glory
Carnival Valor
Carnival Conquest
Cunard Queen Mary 2
Disney Magic/Wonder
Cruise Total as of July 2014: 118 Cruises
Old February 26th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Yeoman

Hey All,
My name is Carla and my BF is Chris. We are just a couple engineers from the mid-michigan area. This will be my first cruise in 5 days! Chris is a repeat cruiser

I found this board via google looking for cruise forums.
Old February 26th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Passenger

HI there ... My name is Candy and I have been on 2 cruises ... my next cruise will not be until October of 2008 ... In fact I am actually doing the planning for this cruise for about 30 or more people ... so I will be on this board alot ...