Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2007, 02:22 PM
Passenger

Default Question about the spa.....

Ok, me again, sailing on March 15th on the Fantasy. I would like to surprise my wife with a visit to the spa. I want her to be pampered and refreshed. So, as I have absolutely ZERO experience with spas, what should I expect and how do I go about getting her an appointment? I think she'd love a massage. What else do they offer? How much should I expect to spend? How long would she be there? What day of the cruise (4 day) would be best?

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2007, 04:59 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Question about the spa.....

Spa menu. Click on the "thumbnail" for a larger picture:
http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ions/FullAlbum
Lower prices are for the time you're at a port.
Old March 1st, 2007, 05:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Spa experience

What a nice husband If you sign in to the cruiseline website, they should have some info on the spa. If you can sign up for massage at the website, you will see that option. Otherwise, go directly to the spa when you get on the ship and book then - reservations fill quickly. When you have a full day or two at sea, that is a good time for pampering and relaxing. You can generally get a 30-min, 1-hr, or 1-1/2 hr massage. I always spring for the most I can get - 30 minutes just barely gets you relaxing. Your wife goes to the spa where they usually have dressing rooms, lockers, showers, etc. She will change, put her things in a locker, don a robe, and go for her massage.

You can select a full-body massage (my fave), or partial (feet, shoulders). There are hot rock treatments, wraps, facials, etc. If you have no idea what your wife would like, then maybe go for a 1-hr massage, then another appointment for a facial. Just a suggestion. The 1 hr massage will run about $100 or so.

I've only said Norwegian and Princess, so maybe others would have specifics on Carnival for you.

RCCL Splendour of the Seas, Western Caribbean (Cozumel/Costa Maya), May 2007

Princess Diamond, Mexican Riviera (Puerto Vallarta/Mazatlan/Cabo San Lucas), Sep 2006

Carnival Paradise, Catalina Island/Ensenada BC, Jun 2011

Caribbean Princess, Cozumel/Roatan/Belize, Jan 2014
Old March 1st, 2007, 05:33 PM
Captain

If you have not planned full day excursions, you may want to consider a spa appt whle in port. They are always discounted then.

We just got off the Fantasy this morning. I did not check your itinerary but if you are lucky enough to be in Costa Maya you can take a cab ($5 round trip) to the beach and for $20 you can have a full hour massage on the beach.

Just something to think about.

Enjoy!
Magnolia