Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2007, 06:12 PM
Passenger

Default Parking at Galveston pier

Hello All,

What are my best options for parking at the Galveston pier? We are leaving on the April 8 sail of the Conquest. We are flying into Hobby friday night and renting a car so that we can go to NASA on saturday. I know there are some hotels that offer parking as well as some lots near the pier. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

8)
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2007, 06:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

we sailed the conquest last july and also had to park as we drove in , we booked on-line at ez-cruise parking it was 50 bucks for the week and very painless, its only a couple of blocks from the pier and its fenced and secure and they will shuttle you and your lugage to the ship. just search it on google and you will find them.
Old March 1st, 2007, 06:56 PM
Admiral

I can also recommend EZ-cruise. If you reserve on-line (highly recommended) you can save a few dollars. There are hotels in Galveston that offer the parking and transfer in conjuction with staying with them. There are some nice hotels in Galveston, but I don't know about how secure their parking areas are. I have never read about any specific problems with parking at the hotel, but if you park at one of the lots, the parking is completely secure. Just my 2 cents worth.

I live in the area, so if you have any other questions, just ask.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old March 1st, 2007, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Hi palmtreelover1,

I'm just curious , but if you're renting a car before you cruise why would you need parking? Wouldn't it be easier (and cheaper!) to return the car and either rent another after the cruise (if you're staying overnight and need one) or take a cab to a hotel or the airport?

Confused ,

Inspiration2002CarnivalElation2004
GrandPrincess2004NCLSun2005
SunPrincess2006NCLDream2007
CaribbeanPrincess2007NCLDawn2008
IslandPrincess2008IslandPrincess2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Carnival Magic 2015 Coral Princess 2015
Old March 2nd, 2007, 12:09 PM
Passenger

Default Arrival time at Galveston pier

Hi Fern,

It is just easier and only a bit more expensive to keep the car all week long as opposed to getting roundtrip transfers and only renting the car for a few days. Plus, you have a bit more freedom.

If we decide to do EZ park, what time should we get there so we can check in for our cruise. I saw some other postings about EZ cruise where it has taken a bit of time to get shuttled over. I assume I could drop the family and luggage and then park.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 01:24 PM
Admiral

Palmtreelover1, I'm surprised to hear that there was a delay getting to the ship from the parking area. The parking area was very close to the ship. When I used EZ Parking we chose to drop the luggage and family off at the ship and then park. However, EZ Parking does offer to transfer passengers and luggage. We used 2-way radios to let the family know when I got back to the pier, to regroup.

We arrived at the pier around 12:30 or so and had no trouble. There was a lengthy line, but when one of the workers noticed that we had a 2 year old in a stroller, she directed us to priority check-in. That was a nice surprise.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old March 7th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Admiral

I stay at the Harbor House Hotel the night before and I pay them $20.00 to leave my car there for the entire trip.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old March 8th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to RRush1969

We are cruising in June out of Galveston. I was in Galveston about a month ago and checked out parking. We booked online with LighthouseParking.com for $35/week. They will shuttle you to terminal with your luggage, and are actually closer to terminal than EZ Park.

Old March 8th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Admiral

We stay at the Beach Best Western and leave our car parked in a brightly lighted area between the front of the hotel and the highway free for the length of the cruise. We ride a taxi to and from the dock. It is more convenient and much less of a hassle than using the lots and riding a shuttle.

We have used the shuttle lot once and the motel three times. Guess which is better?