Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2007, 05:08 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to RRush1969
Default 1st Cruise June 25th on Ecstasy out of Galveston-Any Advice?

Going on honeymoon in June on Ecstasy. Any advice for 1st time cruisers?

Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2007, 05:18 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Congratulations on your wedding

The best advice I can give is:

Don't try to do everything. Give yourself some time to relax. Figure out what you want to do in each port and do it. You will only have five or six actual hours in port so make the most of it.

On board the ship, check the daily schedule and pick the activities you "most" want to do for that day and do those but leave some time to relax unless you are the types that want to be on the go ALL THE TIME. Just remember you are on your honeymoon.

Don't over pack. You will be amazed at how easy it is to pack too many clothes.

Bring enough money. You will need small bills for tipping the porters, taxi drivers and room servers. $50 in small bills should be sufficient. Your gratuities will be put on your onboard account so you won't need cash for those.

Do eat in the main dining room at least a few times during the cruise. It's something you will enjoy. Also, try to see a couple of shows.

Most of all: Enjoy and be yourselves and don't worry so much about what other people think.

Take care and, once again, congratulations.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 3rd, 2007, 05:56 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the advice. We can't wait!

Old March 4th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default RRush...

Great advice from Mike! Keep the luggage light - the ship has laundry rooms, washers/dryers, irons, detergent... everything you might need.

If you have a balcony, make sure you get at least a couple of meals served to your room so you can lounge on the balcony and enjoy your meal together.

The moment you get on the ship, go to the spa and reserve a 'couples' massage, or some other pampering treatment.

In the dining room, tell the steward you are on your honeymoon. A bottle of bubbly might magically appear. If you haven't already done so, let the cruise line know it's your honeymoon and they will decorate your cabin door.

Take LOTS of pictures and some of the special ones that the cruise employees will take of you. Great momentos from your trip.

Relax, enjoy, and CONGRATS!!

RCCL Splendour of the Seas, Western Caribbean (Cozumel/Costa Maya), May 2007

Princess Diamond, Mexican Riviera (Puerto Vallarta/Mazatlan/Cabo San Lucas), Sep 2006

Carnival Paradise, Catalina Island/Ensenada BC, Jun 2011

Caribbean Princess, Cozumel/Roatan/Belize, Jan 2014
Old March 4th, 2007, 01:55 AM
Passenger

You've been given some great advice; I just would like to say CONGRATS! And have a great time.... Bon Voyage!

Caribbean Hotel Reviews

Ecstasy-March 2007
Imagination-May 2006
Old March 4th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Passenger

Thanks for all of the great advice. We are really looking forward to the cruise. Reading all of the different posts on here are very helpful as well.

Old March 6th, 2007, 03:17 AM
Admiral

Enjoy yourselves.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old March 6th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
Enjoy yourselves.
How was your trip???

Caribbean Hotel Reviews

Ecstasy-March 2007
Imagination-May 2006
Old March 7th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Admiral

I posted a comment under the title Ecstasy 07. I was disappointed this time but still enjoyed it.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old March 8th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Passenger

I would buy some ear plugs or bring a small fan. People walk up and down the halls at all times of the night talking and laughing.

I would also bring a lanyard to wear around your neck with your room key and sail and sign card (get the purser to punch a hole in it for you) hooked on the end.

ALWAYS EAT IN THE DINING ROOM! You are cheating yourself out of the best food on the ship if you eat in the buffet all the time. My husband and I eat all three meals in the dining room.

Bring some dramamine or bonine. My husband can wear the patch, but it's too strong for me. The ship doctors do not recommend using it anyway. Dramamine works just fine.

Remember, you are on a floating vessel. Do not get freaked out if it rocks. On our last cruise, some first-timers were close to hysterics because they weren't expecting the boat to rock, however slightly.

But, most importantly, have fun!!