Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Info on the Band "Music Boardwalk" Wow are they gr

I just took my first cruise ever 2/11/07 on the Carnival Miracle, and I was was pleased beyond explaination on the whole experience. I traveled with a group of 40 people, and it seemed most of us ended up at "Frankie & Johnnie's" just to see the band Music Boardwalk. If anybody has seen them you know what I am talking about. 4 guys from the phillipines who I felt were by far the best cover band I have ever seen. There seemed to be no style of music they couldn't cover and make you feel like you were watching the real artists. Truly amazing!

Enrique the lead man gave me an e-mail address for the band which got lost before I got home. Does anybody here have that info?

Thanks in advace for any help

Mark
Sponsored Links
Old March 10th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Has anybody seen these guy's?
Old March 20th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Anybody?.........................
Old May 11th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

I hear they are still on the Miracle now that it is sailing from NY. Who has seen them lately and what did you think?[/img]
Old May 11th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter1602
I hear they are still on the Miracle now that it is sailing from NY. Who has seen them lately and what did you think?[/img]
Mark, I just got this e-mail Musicboardwalk@yahoo.com

I don't know if this works because I've tried now twice to e-mail them and heard nothing yet. It might be too expensive for them to use on line. What do you think? Also we should hear from some of them now that they're back. I honestly don't know why nobody seems interested in these guys. Mary449
Old May 11th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Captain

Mark;
I read on another board there was some thread going on about these guys. I didn't know anything about them. Everyone there loved them.PM me and I will give you the info. for the board.
Gary
Glory Western 2-07
Ecstasy 01-08
Ecstasy Feb. 1st. & Feb. 6th. 2010 B to B
Freedom 12-12-10
Freedom 09-24-11
Triumph 09-10-12
Triumph 09-15-12
Triumph 09-23-13
Triumph 09-28-13

Old May 11th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary49
Quote:

I don't know if this works because I've tried now twice to e-mail them and heard nothing yet. It might be too expensive for them to use on line. What do you think? Also we should hear from some of them now that they're back. I honestly don't know why nobody seems interested in these guys. Mary449
Yep that is the e-mail Enrique gave me too. I have tried to send them a letter 2 times also.

I figured if I resurrected this thread you would find it!!! .

Did you see the Miracle come in this morning from your office?

Mark
Old May 11th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary49
Quote:

I don't know if this works because I've tried now twice to e-mail them and heard nothing yet. It might be too expensive for them to use on line. What do you think? Also we should hear from some of them now that they're back. I honestly don't know why nobody seems interested in these guys. Mary49
Yep that is the e-mail Enrique gave me too. I have tried to send them a letter 2 times also.

I figured if I resurrected this thread you would find it!!! .

Did you see the Miracle come in this morning from your office?

Mark
Yeah, I did. I tried to take a picture for you but the visibility was bad. Foggy and rainy. I'll try next time and see what happens.

I knew it had to be you with this thread and I laughed.

We'll have to wait and see what the others have to say. I don't know why nobody's mentioned them yet. But in cruise critic; I got the folks worked up for Frankie and Johnnies and also somebody else had seem them about a couple of years ago. In 2004 and they bought their CD. But it must have been a one time only thing. He can't wait to see them again so we'll just have to wait and see. If you go thru cruise critic look up Live from the Miracle and his name is Baseballdad. Somebody going to have to get some info? :o
Old May 11th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Passenger

I'm not sure, but i think music board walk was the same band at club rio on the triumph october 2006, they were great! One night while they were playing Bill Medley walked in and they played "unchained melody" can you imagine covering Bill Medley"s song with him in the audience!
Old May 11th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye 68
I'm not sure, but i think music board walk was the same band at club rio on the triumph october 2006, they were great! One night while they were playing Bill Medley walked in and they played "unchained melody" can you imagine covering Bill Medley"s song with him in the audience!
That would be cool to see. I think they were still on the Miracle in oct. 06. They were 4 guys from the Phillipines. do they fit that description?

Mark
Old May 11th, 2011, 12:45 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Just returned from my first cruise, aboard Carnival Fantasy. Our group of 10 enjoyed this band immensely and made sure to see all their performances. The keyboard player is a show unto himself and the overall musicianship is excellent, as are the vocals. Amazing versatility! As an added bonus, the final night Vegas style show was a tribute to The Beatles, and Music Boardwalk was featured as the Fab Four, in Sgt. Pepper garb. If you have an opportunity to see them, don't pass it up!
Old May 11th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Admiral

We sailed "Miracle" in November of last year, and Music Boardwalk was NOT the band aboard at that time. As I understand it, there are a number of these Filipino bands aboard various Carnival ships, and they are all represented by the same agent. If the first name of the band is "MUSIC", then you can pretty well bet that they'll be good. (My personal experience is that "Music Boardwalk" is the absolute best of the bunch.) They will dress, and perform as the "Beetles" at the finale of one of the BIG production shows that spotlights the Fab Four, but I'm having a "senior moment" and can't think of the name of the show. You'll know it when you see it however. Don't miss that show, as it's one of the best on the high seas!

"SKY"
Old August 12th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter1602 View Post
Has anybody seen these guy's?
I just got off of Fantasy. They are on Carnival Fantasy out of Charleston. They said on Fantasy until Sept-2012