Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel
Default Single & cruising

I am in the fortunate position to be able to afford to go on at least two more cruises in the next 10-11 months. I want to go again so bad I am planning on going on my own in September (Carnival Triump or Carnival Valor). I know I'll have to pay the single premium for a cabin, but I don't care. After not having holidays (meaning leaving the city I live in to go somewhere and be a tourist) for 15 years I am hooked on cruising again and I want to go as many times as I can while i have the funds.

Sure, I could invest the money I am getting, but I want to enjoy life now because I don't know when my time on this earth will be up. The way I see it life is short--enjoy what you can while your healthy.

Personally, I'd rather go alone because I am not tied to anyone. Yes, no one an look after my wallet/camera/etc while I go to get second helpings of breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks sucks, but hey, at least I can do what I want and when I want.....
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Single & cruising

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguidedangel
I am in the fortunate position to be able to afford to go on at least two more cruises in the next 10-11 months. I want to go again so bad I am planning on going on my own in September (Carnival Triump or Carnival Valor). I know I'll have to pay the single premium for a cabin, but I don't care. After not having holidays (meaning leaving the city I live in to go somewhere and be a tourist) for 15 years I am hooked on cruising again and I want to go as many times as I can while i have the funds.

Sure, I could invest the money I am getting, but I want to enjoy life now because I don't know when my time on this earth will be up. The way I see it life is short--enjoy what you can while your healthy.

Personally, I'd rather go alone because I am not tied to anyone. Yes, no one an look after my wallet/camera/etc while I go to get second helpings of breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks sucks, but hey, at least I can do what I want and when I want.....
Same here ! I single cruise once a year. On Carnival the singles fare isn't a problem compared to some other lines, based on my experience.
You are so correct in life is short and offers no guarantees. I know people who work themselves to death and save every nickle thinking that they will enjoy life "when they retire". The obituary page of the paper always list people who didn't make it to age 65.
happy sailings !

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
/ticker.png">
Old March 9th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Passenger

I too agree with the both of you. Enjoy it while you can. Having the funds to do it is the biggest factor. Just make sure that you are fully aware of what can happen when traveling alone.
Old March 13th, 2007, 02:36 PM
First Mate

Ive taken two cruises by myself in the last year. I got great deals on both the Inspiration and the Legend. I booked an 8 day Legend cruise for $700 total as a single. I always book the 1A cabin and i have always been upgraded to a 4A by the time i board the ship. I love the excitement of meeting new people and having the freedom to do whatever i want when i want.
Old March 13th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

I've never cruised solo but the thought of doing so is wonderful! I get away solo to Las Vegas a few times a year, so what difference would a cruise be? I'm going to start convincing my husband right now....

RCCL Independence 4/4/09 - Revenge of the JUGS
Carnival Liberty 3/25/07 - "Spring Break" J.U.G.s (Just Us Girls) Cruise - plus my kids
Carnival Liberty 11/20/05 "I ain't cookin' Thanksgiving dinner" Cruise
NCL Norway - "I'm Pregnant with a 1-year-old" Cruise
Carnival Destiny 6/28/98 - "Honeymoon from Hell" Cruise
Royal Caribbean - 1988 - "Ex-Husband" Cruise
Old March 27th, 2007, 01:18 AM
Beginner

FYI .. If you are doing Carnival, when you check prices, you may want to see if they have a single cabin available. I am single, traveling on Carnival Valor April 22nd. When the price was $599 per person double occupancy, for $749 ($150 more) I was able to book a cabin for myself except it only has the single bed instead of the queen. The bed is smaller but I only sleep on half of the queen anyway, and I agree, I still have the privacy of my own room.
PS - I agree with your philosopy - I love to travel! March was 7 day Hawaii (cruise), April is 7 day Eastern Carribean (cruise), July a week in Denver, Sept is 7day timeshare in Cancun, November 2bed,2bath timeshare in Key West, Florida. Who knows what the future will bring?
Steven