Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Passenger

Default Orlando airport to port canaveral

It looks like a 40 mile one way trip from the Orlando airport to the port. What are the options (if any) to make this trip as cheaply as possible. I'm guessing that cab fare (both to and from) would be $100. Some enterprising Cruisemate, must have the skinny on this. I don't see any hotels in the port area with free shuttles and flying in the day of and jumping a Carnival shuttle (if exists) seems a bit risky for me, I'd hate for a flight glitch to throw the whole trip off. Is there anything cheaper or smarter than a cab from the airport to the port Canaveral area?
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2007, 07:06 PM
First Mate

A rental car would cost you $50 to $60.

You can stop and pickup supplies before you get on the ship. Things like soda etc..

Brian

Sensation
Old March 12th, 2007, 07:32 PM
First Mate

We took a cruise in 2004 on the glory. My two sons and their girlfriends took the carnival shuttle from the airport to Port Canaveral. I don't remember the cost but it was a nominal charge and came off without a hitch. Your travel agent can arrange it for you as can a Carnival represenative if you booked thru them.
2004 "Glory"
2004"Victory"
2007 "Liberty"
2007" Explorer of the Seas
2009 "Valor"
2009 "Fascination"
2011 " Pride"
2014 "Adventure of the Seas"
Old March 12th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Passenger

We are on the Glory in June. We fly in the day before. Staying at the Radison at the Port. It has a shuttle free. I think there are several hotels with free shuttles but can't remember right now. To get to the hotel we are using a place called orlando shuttle, 109 for 4 people. 109 for 2 people, I'mnot sure how many it holds TA did this for us. Oh wait we have 8 people and it is 109 total.

Good luck, this can be all so confusing to organize I think I remember the carnival shuttle was 35 each way. have fun.
Old March 12th, 2007, 08:50 PM
First Mate

Default airport to the ship

YOU can get a round trip from the airport to the ship and return at a a good price. Check with tour TA OR call carnival for more info, other wise it can cost$$$. ENJOY
Bob
Old March 13th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Here is a link to a bunch of different companies that provide transportation http://www.portcanaveral.org/portinfo/groundtrans.htm
we used Priceless Transportation, they had good rates.

If you are arriving a day before there are several hotels in the Cocoa Beach-Port Canaveral area that have shuttle service to the cruise terminals.

Also, if renting a car form MCO to cruise area we have used Avis, they are available in terminal at the airport, just do a one way rental, they have a shuttle form to Cocoa Beach location to the cruise terminal, and they will pick you up after the cruise so that you can do another one way rental back to the airport.
Carnival Imagination 2008
Carnival Destiny 2009
Carnival Valor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2011
Carnival Miracle 2012
Old March 13th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Passenger

We're doing the July 21 sailing of Glory and after lots of research I found we can rent a car from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral turning it in when we get there and just the reverse when we get back. Rent a car drive to Orlando Airport all for less than $100 and you get the added benefit of being able to go to the store for last minute needed things. All the shuttles we looked at were $150+. Plus your on your own time like when we get back we have a 10hr wait before our plane leaves so we intend to sight see and go the the local beaches.
Old March 13th, 2007, 05:32 PM
First Mate

my TA set it up for me, I'm using Carnival's transfer at $70 per person rount trip from the Orlando airport. I'm staying at the LaQuinta near the airport the night before and the nigiht after the cruise and get a free shuttle from the hotel to airport and back again
Old March 13th, 2007, 11:40 PM
First Mate

The port isnt too far. I took a cab and it was $20
Old March 14th, 2007, 09:51 AM
First Mate

My son took a cruise out of Port Canaveral just last month.

He stayed at Fawlty Towers (yes, that's the name!) and they had a shuttle from the airport to their hotel, and from their hotel to the port. He didn't tell me if it was free or not, however. Also, he wasn't all that impressed by Fawlty Towers, although it was adequate.
Old March 17th, 2007, 04:46 AM
Passenger

shuttle or aceluxury sedans
Old March 18th, 2007, 04:10 AM
Passenger

If you walk outside the baggage claim area at Orlando Airport and throw a rock in any direction you will most likely hit a shuttle van or a bus headed to where you want to go. There is transportation everywhere. There are several hotels around Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area with shuttle service to the pier but not from Orlando airport because it is quite a distance away. When searching you want look under Cape Canaveral and or Cocoa Beach.
Celebrity Summit 2004
Celebrity Infinity 2005
Clipper Cruises Yankee Clipper 2006
Avalon Cruises Artistry 2006
Carnival Pride 2007
Old March 23rd, 2007, 10:22 PM
Beginner

I'm going on the Glory April 28th and the most economical transportation i could find is renting a car its $38.00 thru Budget and there rental agency is 2 blocks from the hotel. The hotel offers a free shuttle to the port and the rental agency picks you up at the port. Shuttles usually charge per person, so I think it's cheaper to rent a car.