Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Passenger

Default Emerald Restaurant

Can someone explain the Emerald Restaurant on the Glory. I think I've read that its a separate dining experience apart from the normal evening dinner restaurants? I've also read where it is $30 extra, is this 30 dollars entrance fee on top of whatever the cost of the dinner is or are the dinners free and its just a 30 cost to dine there?
Old March 14th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Captain

We ate there this last Valentines day. It is $30 pp to dine there. That includes all food. Not your drinks. You also need to leave a tip if you so desire. I must say the food and service is 5 star. I have never had a meal cooked or served as it was that evening. Everything was excellent. You need to make reservations when you get on the ship. They set up a table in the Atrium as you first get on the ship. It gets very busy and the best times get taken rather quick.
You will enjoy at least once.
Gary
Glory Western 2-07
Ecstasy 01-08
Ecstasy Feb. 1st. & Feb. 6th. 2010 B to B
Freedom 12-12-10
Freedom 09-24-11
Triumph 09-10-12
Triumph 09-15-12
Triumph 09-23-13
Triumph 09-28-13

Old March 14th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Passenger

It is a $30 surcharge to eat in the Emarlad Room...that is all you pay. Well worth the money. It was the best #30 meal i ever had.
Old March 14th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to pandacruiser
Default Emerald Room is a must

Hello everyone,
Just got off Glory on March 10th. This was my second time on her and again excellent. The emerald room cost is 30 per person but alcohol drinks, and fountain drinks are not included in the price. They give a complementary appeitizer and a little complentary desert tray which the white truffles are heaven! This time I ordered the crab cake, ceasar salad (which they make in front of you), the veal, and for desert I had the excellent citrus cheesecake. I tipped them an extra $10. They have two sides in the dinning room first time I was near the bar which at the time had a live singer and this second time we were sitting next to the kitchen which was open so you can see the hussle and bussle. There are seats that are by the window so you watch people or the clouds go by. Heads up though if you go on the formal nights the guys are going to need a jacket. Found that out when trying to book it for Sunday which was the first formal night. So went monday instead. Also one of the head food managers was observing that night which was cool. Another heads up do the booking the first day so you can get your first choice of nights. Well do it again when I go on the Glory again just do not know when Also if you are going on the Glory before June 23rd you are going to have a blast with the EXCELLENT CRUISE DIRECTOR "WEE JIMMY" wish I was going on the March 24th cruise since that is a day before my birthday that would have been a nice 28th birthday present. IF anyone has any questions email me either at pandaruth26@aol.com or unicornwriter24@yahoo.com. Enjoy!!