Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Passenger

Default What happens if your port is closed..booked excursion online

A man I work with just went on the same ship I will be on next month and one of their ports wouldn't let them dock due to wind and bad weather.

I am planning to book the dolphin discovery online and was wondering what would happen if the weather was also bad for us. Would we just lose that money or will the company refund? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Passenger

If you book the excursion directly with the cruise line you are covered. They will refund your money if they do stop at that port. If you book outside of excursions offered by the cruise line it is a hit or miss. Some companies will refund and others will not. Its best to call whatever company your are booking through to get their policy and also request a copy of the policy in writing or print it off the internet. If you get trip insurance your prepaid excursions may be covered that way also. I know Travel Guard provides coverage for excursion refunds due to weather conditions. Do not let the possibility of a ship not stopping at a port stop you from booking outside of what is offered by the cruise ship. Some of the best excursions I have been on have been the ones I have booked on my own. The savings can be incredible and your not being sent on a "sterilized" version of the trip dictated by the cruise lines. Just make sure you check out the company and also make sure you allow for plenty of time to make it back to the ship because they will not wait for you.
Celebrity Summit 2004
Celebrity Infinity 2005
Clipper Cruises Yankee Clipper 2006
Avalon Cruises Artistry 2006
Carnival Pride 2007
Old March 15th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Admiral

You don't stop there. Maybe you'll get to go to another port.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old March 15th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Grand Cayman is the worst port as far as being closed.

For most of the excursion companies, they know the ships better than we do as far as when they arrive, when they leave, and when they don't get there at all.

I agree with the above poster who says to have all of your paperwork handy.

On the Conquest we found out we would not be docking, because our money had already been refunded. That's how fast they are.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link