Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Cruise Questions

Hi,

I am in need of some advice here.

So my DH & I are taking my parents on a Cruise for their anniversary in the fall to the Mexican Riviera. They are in their late 50's early 60's. My mom is concerned about being on a partying ship (Carnival). Why I am not sure but whatever.

I did some research and Princess has a cruise and so does Carnival. I am way more interested in Carnival probably because I have cruised on them twice before, but has anyone gone on the MR Princess cruise to compare??

Also I dont think Carnival will be an issue just because we are thinking of the weekend of the 10/11th and a lot of people will not be on the holiday yet.

Any feedback would be appreciated. By the way who knew parents could be so picky when they arent paying, lol
Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Captain

Marvgirl;
If my daughter wants to take us on a cruise, we are there. I don't care where or what cruise line. You know us people in our late 50's get set in our ways. My DW and I love Carnival there really shouldn't be a big pary crowd on the cruise. No big holidays, or schoolbreaks. That is why we cruise after the first of the year, and before spring break. Too many people hear things from others who don't really know what they are talking about. The thing about Carnival is you can always find a party, or a nice quiet place to enjoy.
Keep trying , you can bring her around.
Gary & Rox
PS If it doesn't work out with your parents, we can pretend for awhile
Glory Western 2-07
Ecstasy 01-08
Ecstasy Feb. 1st. & Feb. 6th. 2010 B to B
Freedom 12-12-10
Freedom 09-24-11
Triumph 09-10-12
Triumph 09-15-12
Triumph 09-23-13
Triumph 09-28-13

Old March 15th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Admiral

Hello Marygirl;

Tell Mom to have no fear. As veterans of over 100 cruises, on all lines, I can tell you that your parents will have a wonderful time aboard a Carnival ship. We've sailed Princess many, many times as well, but for no reason in particular, we sailed Carnival 4 times last year, and had just as much fun, if not more, than aboard the Princess ships. IMO Princess is getting more like Carnival, and Carnival is getting more like Princess. Both are excellent.

Have a great cruise,

Ken
Old March 15th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks guys for the feedback! I convinced them that the Carnival ship was the best for that itinerary.
Old March 15th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Admiral

It seemed to me that Princess rolled up the decks at 10pm except for one or two places.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.