CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Liberty General Questions (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/329993-carnival-liberty-general-questions.html)

j2798550 March 16th, 2007 11:59 AM

Carnival Liberty General Questions

1. Are there refrigerators in the inside rooms?
2. Is there a sushi bar or is there just sushi available on the buffet?
3. How much is the drink of the day?
4. Is there usually a long wait to get off the ship especially when you are tendered?
5. Is there more than one premium restaraunt (the type you pay extra for)
6. Do you feel a lot of motion in the front even though this is a big ship and it typically sails the Caribbean?

ssantow March 16th, 2007 05:26 PM

1. All indications are that there are no refrigerators in the inside or ocean view rooms, only in balcony and above category.
2. Sushi bar is only in the Lido Buffet.
3. Drink of the day will vary in price but it is always watered down.
4. Book a shore trip and they will get you off in time, otherwise you may wait in line.
5. Le bistro is extra charge and I am not sure about Supper Club.
6. The amount of motion will depend on many factors including sea and wind conditions. On most modern ships the motion is kept to a minimum except during rough seas.

Robert6260 March 16th, 2007 06:03 PM

1. Are there refrigerators in the inside rooms?

I can’t remember but I don’t think so.

2. Is there a sushi bar or is there just sushi available on the buffet?

The sushi bar is on the Promenade deck. They only used smoked fish. They do not use raw sushi.

3. How much is the drink of the day?

It is about $7.50 plus gratuity in a souvenir glass. The souvenir glass is larger. You can get a souvenir glass refill for less. The drink of the day is available in a smaller glass for about $4.50 plus gratuity per drink. I don not think the drinks are watered down.

4. Is there usually a long wait to get off the ship especially when you are tendered?

If you want to be off early there will be a wait. If you sleep late or wait a couple of hours you can probably walk right off the ship.

5. Is there more than one premium restaurant (the type you pay extra for)

There is only one premium restaurant

6. Do you feel a lot of motion in the front even though this is a big ship and it typically sails the Caribbean?

You can feel a good bit of motion depending on the seas. It doesn’t bother me but some people are bothered by it.

RAINA March 16th, 2007 07:50 PM

I got married on the Triumph on 12-16-06. :-P
We had a balcony room and it did NOT have a refrigerator.
We don't drink so I can't answer that question.
We also were not at ports that had tendering so I can't answer that either. The first day was a little rough because of bad weather but it wasn't uncomfortable (but we had a room in the middle of the ship.)
Raina

RAINA March 16th, 2007 08:02 PM

sorry...I thought you were asking about the Triumph.
I am such a dork!