Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 17th, 2007, 09:22 PM
First Mate

Default Certified Photo Copy Of Birth Certificate

My wifes "birth record" has an attachment that say:

The enclosed is a certified photocopy of the corrected birth record. This particular record now has two pages - the original record and the corrected form. New Jersey law requires us to show the original information and the corrected information, in addition to the date of correction on all certified copies.

The enclosed certificate photocopy will probably be more acceptable to any agency requiring proof of age or citizenship since it is frequently necessary to know the basis of the correction and the nature of the documentary proof, if any.

Her name was changed just after birth because some family member was insulted that she wasn't named after them or something.

It does have a raised seal.

My questions:

Are most copies of birth certificates typed and not a copy?
What do people think about this?

If I get her a passport will I have to send this in?

Thanks,

Brian

Sensation
Sponsored Links
Old March 17th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Admiral

My photocopy was typed as was the original. The PC did have a raised seal. When I applied for my passport I did have to send in the photocopy with my passport application and a check ( I can't remember the amount). About 2 weeks later I got my birth certificate back. It came in the mail. About 4 weeks after that i got my passport. It does not sound like you should have a problem. Send them both they will be returned to you by mail. IF there is a problem they will let you know what it is and what needs to be done to correct it.
Old March 17th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Admiral

As long as it has a raised seal it will be okay to use.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.