Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2007, 03:37 PM
Passenger

Default Staying overnight near Port Everglades

Hi, Everyone ~

I've been "lurking" for a few months on this site, and can't tell you how appreciative I am of all the useful information and tips I've gathered here. I'll be sailing on the Liberty in October (such a LOOOONG wait!), from Port Everglades. Given that it is hurricane season, we plan on flying down the day before and staying over. I'd welcome any suggestions on where to stay in Fort Lauderdale that won't break the bank, is close to the airport/port everglades, and has a pool for my five year old son to enjoy. Thanks in advance for your help!
Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2007, 04:17 PM
Admiral

Just got back on Monday from Port Everglades and we stayed at the Embassy Suites pre-cruise and the Renaissance post-cruise. We preferred the Embassy Suites. More places within walking distance and just better ambiance in general. Outback was next door and Chuch's Steakhouse was across the street where we had a delicious dinner. There is a Publix and Winn Dixie closeby too.

We paid gov't rate $150 for the ES and did Priceline for the Renaissance at $160. This was considered "Spring Break" month but the Renaissance was suppose to be a 4* but it wasn't in our opinion. They don't offer any shuttle service, continental breakfast or anything else. The rooms were ok, a little musty, no microwave, refrigerator was a mini-bar with a charge to open even to keep our soda cool. The Embassy Suites was wonderful with their traditional morning cook-to-order breakfast, free happy hour, 3 free internets in the lobby and free "to the airport" only. They were also gracious enough to grant us early check in since we did a redeye from California. We landed at 5:15 am and we ate breakfast and were asleep by 6:30 am!!

Along the same highway - 17th Street - we also saw many other nice hotels. Check out reviews at TripAdvisor.com for any specific hotel.

Edited to note: We paid under $90 for our hotel stays during the fall season but believe prices were higher this time due to Spring Break.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old March 22nd, 2007, 09:02 AM
First Mate

we just got back also, and stayed one night Best Western Oceanside, it was very clean, very very quiet, a warm heated pool, and a wonderful free breakfest in a.m. belgium waffles cereal, sauages and ham ect.
walking distance to the beach, we took the trolly bus acroos the street for .50 cents, to buy soda aand beer to put into our fridge, we also had a microwave that we did not use. It was under $200.00
Destiny
Norwegian Majesty
Legend
Legend
Valor
Valor again Yahoo!