Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2007, 10:41 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to joshandamy
Default Only 2nd time flying jitters...Tampa Airport?

This is only my and my fiancee' 2nd time flying. I flew to Hawaii last Christmas so you would think after a 10 hour flight I would be over it! Any words of encouragement to ease my nerves?
Does anyone know anything about Tampa Airport?
We were wanting to split a limo ride with someone but can't seem to find anyone. Does anyone have suggestions for companies to use for airport to cruise transfers?
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2007, 09:21 AM
Yeoman

We flew into the Tampa airport just a couple weeks ago. Easiest landing I have ever had. Plus the airport is beautiful and easy to navigate once you get off.

As far as limo just catch a cab. Its a flat rate of $22 for up to 6 people. After 6 people I believe it said they added on per person. Just make sure you confirm with the cab driver that its $22. The price is posted in all the windows but they won't come out and tell you its $22 unless you ask.

Have a great trip, Carla
Old March 22nd, 2007, 09:44 AM
Beginner

The Tampa airport is big, but not so massive where you feel lost. We flew in there last month for our honeymoon - and I was surprised with how quickly things went. We were off the plane, at baggage claim, had our luggage, and in a cab on the way to the cruise terminal within about 15 minutes.

We did the 22.00 (with tip 30.00) cab ride - didn't bother with the cruise line transfers. On the way to the terminal - we had a great driver - pointed out all the things we were driving by, talked with us, was funny and very pleasant. Helped us unload our luggage and put it on the stevedore's cart at the terminal for us. The driver on the way back to the airport - didn't say a word, but did heft our luggage for us. We paid the same - the service was just a little 'different'.

Enjoy your cruise! Tampa's a great place - if you have some extra time, check out the aquarium - we were going to - but didn't have a place to stash our luggage after disembarking.

Tinkersmama
Old March 22nd, 2007, 09:46 AM
Admiral

as the previous posters commented; Tampa International Airport is IMHO the easiest airport to navigate; catch the cab and skip the airport transfers.
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old March 22nd, 2007, 10:06 AM
Passenger

If you've flown to Hawaii you are well ahead of most other people who have a slight fear of flying. I'm no expert, but i had my share of jitters for a few years until I immersed myself in websites like www.fearofflyinghelp.com and http://www.geocities.com/khlim777_my/index.html. Both are written by commercial airline pilots for the everyday flyer!

As for Tampa Airport, its location and weather are ideal almost all the time for smooth approaches and take-offs. Enjoy yourself and remember you gotta fly to get to the ship! (unless you live in tampa obviously).
Old March 22nd, 2007, 10:40 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to citrus cruiser

When you get off the plane at Tampa you get on a Tram that brings you to the main terminal, when you get there just take the escaltor down stairs to pick up your luggage and the taxis are right there.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 11:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

I live in the Chicagoland area and have had to deal with O'Hare, and Midway for years. Always a mess.

Tampa is GREAT when it comes to ease of use. I have been there 3 times with three different airlines and it has always been easy. I can't tell you a about departure though because all 3 times I landed there I went back by other means. or from a different area.

The landing there is nice because it usually aproaches over water, and is never rushed so it is smooth without a lot of manuevering.

Enjoy! Flying is fun.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 10:43 PM
Passenger

I'll echo everyone else - Tampa's airport is nice. Good selections for food! We cruised out of Tampa last fall and got our tickets from frequent flyer miles. So we had to take a late flight and sat in the airport for about 9 hours. The whole airport has free wireless, so we were able to get online and play around. I know, I know. Who takes their computer on vacation? I have a nice compact one that basically fits in my handbag, so it wasn't a hassle.

When I first started flying a whole lot, it helped me to think about all the hundreds of thousands of people who fly each and every day with no mishap. Now it is second nature to me!
Carnival Fantasy / Bahamas - April 2002
Carnival Sensation / Western Caribbean - October 2000
Carnival Paradise / Western Caribbean - January 1999