Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2007, 09:53 AM
First Mate
Default checked luggage questions

I have a question, I'm flying in the day BEFORE and flying home the day AFTER my cruise. So, I don't plan to put the Carnival luggage tags on until I'm at the airport waiting for the ship transfer. I will have my own luggage tags on them as we fly from Chicago to Orlando.

We're going to have one carry-on bag (with essentials and extra socks, underpants and shirts) and one checked suitcase, and I don't want it to be pulled aside and forwarded to the ship as we'll need it at the hotel that night.

And when we leave the ship, will our suitcase be on the transfer to the airport with us or does it go on a separate truck?

Does this make sense?
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2007, 10:01 AM

We did the same thing. You are responsible for your luggage when you get off of ther plane in Orlando. You will have to take your luggage out to the bus to go to the port. This is when we put our tags on. You will also have to get your luggage off of the bus on your return to the airport. They do not transfer your luggage to or from the ship. you have to handle it yourself.
Hope this helps.
Gary & Rox
"554 CES Red Horse" "USAF"
Fantasy 2-96
Glory Western 2-07
Ecstasy 01-08
Ecstasy Feb. 1st. & Feb. 6th. 2010 B to B
Freedom 12-12-10
Freedom 09-24-11
Triumph 09-10-12
Triumph 09-15-12
Triumph 09-23-13
Triumph 09-28-13

Old March 22nd, 2007, 08:25 PM

Hi michelle,

What GaryI said!

What I do with the luggage tags is to put the name of the hotel where we're staying the night before and the name of the cruise we're going on the next day "just in case"!

I also put an itinerary in each checked suitcase "JIC".

Since you're coming in a day ahead (a very good thing!) you'll pick up your luggage at the airport. We don't put our ship tags on until we're ready to go to the ship.

If you're not taking the transfer from the ship to the airport (which you won't be if you're staying an extra day) you'll pick up your luggage in the terminal and take it with you.
"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Carnival Magic 2015 Coral Princess 2015
Old March 22nd, 2007, 09:52 PM

So I'm wondering why do you think "they" want you to put the Carnival tags on BEFORE you fly? I've always read (somewhere) or been told to do so. I thought MAYBE the airlines pay a little more attention to them since they sure wouldn't want to have to try to catch your luggage up to you if lost. What do you all think
Carnival Victory
Carnival Liberty
Going For Platinum! Carnival Spirit 3/2006, Carnival Valor 4/2005, Carnival Triumph 6/2003, Fantasy 8/2001, Tropicale 5/2000