Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2007, 08:36 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival kids area

My kids are driving me insane wanting to know what they will be doing when i drop them in the kids club. They think it will be boring. Does anyone have any examples of what they do there so I can let them know? Thanks!!
Old March 22nd, 2007, 09:04 PM
Admiral

Hi traciii,

I don't think your kids will be bored! You don't say how old they are, but here's the link to Camp Carnival:

http://www.carnival.com/onboardexp_home.aspx

Makes me wish I were a kid again !

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Old March 22nd, 2007, 09:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

I think it depends on their ages...I saw say the aged 4 to 10 group doing a really fun treasure hunt on our last trip! They met in the disco during the day and they looked like they were having a BLAST!!
Raina

*Liberty 6-3-07
*Fascination 7-30-07

Triumph 12-16-06 (Married on the ship!)

Imagination 10-05 (*two extra days at sea due to Hurricane Wilma...YAY!)
Old March 22nd, 2007, 09:21 PM
First Mate

Hi Raina, I have a 9 year old and she had a blast last year in Camp Carnival. She didn't want to leave. We took her with us when we went on shore excursions, but as soon as we got back, she wated to go to the camp. I don't know how old your kids are, but I am sure they will just love it.

Tweetybird
Old March 22nd, 2007, 09:24 PM
First Mate

Sorry Raina, my post should have said Traciii. I got the names mixed up.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 10:51 PM
Passenger

My kids have participated in Camp Carnival at different ages so I have had the opportunity to see what they do with all of their age groups. The camp counselors are great and very enthusiastic. Frankly, my kids had lots of fun in camp carnival and met a lot of new friends.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 08:17 AM
Passenger

Sorry my kids are 7 and 10. I keep telling them they will have fun and theres a lot to do. Thanks for the info.
Traci
Old March 23rd, 2007, 09:01 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Carnival kids area

Quote:
Originally Posted by traciii
My kids are driving me insane wanting to know what they will be doing when i drop them in the kids club. They think it will be boring. Does anyone have any examples of what they do there so I can let them know? Thanks!!
Tracii,
We took all 6 of our kids on a 5-night cruise this past January. The youngest 4 all participated in Camp Carnival and had a great time. My son, Caleb, even posted a review (I've copied and pasted it below):

You're going to have a FA N T A S TI C time! Make sure you close your mouth really tight when you go down the slide. The pool is salt water. And it's disgusting! We did Fear Factor and one of the kids puked because he ate onions covered with chocolate syrup, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, mushrooms...it was funny but I'm glad I didn't do that one. I had to squish berries with my chin. Make sure you don't become the first person for Fear Factor. They have mini golf, but don't bother playing when it's windy. I liked that I could make my own pizza. I liked the arcade most. At camp carnival you can play PS2 and you can play foosball. The food was good. It was fancy in the dining room. My mom said we had to try something new each day , but it was GOOD!
My favorite was French onion soup. I went to 2 shows in the Blue Sapphire Lounge and I liked them. I got to play volleyball and it was cool because the wind went with us and it was easy to hit over the net. But we also got 10 nets because the wind would blow down too. I liked the buffet where the pool is because I get whatever I wanted to. You should try the danish for breakfast. The juices were great, too. I liked the fruit punch the best. Usually I mixed up fruit juice and apple juice. It makes it good. For lunch I usually got a hamburger and french fries. Then I usually went swimming for a little while and then I had to hurry and dry off to go to camp carnival. Try to make at least 1 or 2 friends. It's more fun. That's all I can think of right now. If you have any questions for me, have your mom post it. My mom looks at this a lot.
Caleb

Your kids will have a GREAT time. The counselors are wonderful and keep the kids busy all the time.

Rhapsody of the Seas - long ago, in a galaxy far away!
Ecstasy - Jan. 2007
Conquest - Sept. 2007 cruisemates 4Bs
Ecstasy - Jan. 2008