Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2007, 10:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Category 1-A Cabins on the Fascination-is it like a dungeon?

!
I am looking to book a cruise for my entire extended family for next summer (08)...I have asked questions about these rooms and I understand they are bunk beds and "bottom of the barrel" type rooms (thanks everyone for the information in previous posts!) I can handle the bunk bed thing but if it's in the dungeon with dark dreary halls or something (or below sea level...ACK!) then I can't go for that even to save a LOT of money. do the hallways look like regular Carnival hallways, etc? Is it worth the money saved? (we won't be in our rooms much!)
Thanks to all of you expert cruisers!
raina

*Liberty 6-3-07
*Fascination 7-30-07

Triumph 12-16-06 (Married on the ship!)

Imagination 10-05 (*two extra days at sea due to Hurricane Wilma...YAY!)
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2007, 10:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

You've got the wrong impression of the Riviera deck. They look just like the other decks. I have not been in an inside cabin on Riviera but I assume they're just like any other inside cabin. Also, the middle part of the lower deck is probably the most stable on the whole ship in terms of motion. You have nothing to worry about. It is not the scary, dark, dingy basement you are imagining.

Carnival Liberty November 30-December 7, 2013
Carnival Liberty
March 2-March 9, 2013

Carnival Legend November 27-December 4, 2011
Carnival Miracle September 28-October 6 2010
Carnival Victory December 9-16, 2007
Carnival Imagination April 28-May 3, 2007
Carnival Fascination April 24-28, 2006
Carnival Fascination July 10-17, 1999
Old March 22nd, 2007, 10:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Raina;

I was on the Riviera deck on my cruise last month. The hallways are the same as the rest of the ship. I had an upgraded ocean view, but someone in our group had an inside cabin and it was nice. Also as said before the ride was much nicer on the lower deck in our room compared to some friends that were on deck 7 & 8. Much more motion felt up there. Sometimes it was hard to tell in our room that we were even moving some times.

Enjoy

Mark
Old March 23rd, 2007, 01:28 AM
Admiral

You're above the "waterline"....and I'll probably get a 1A on my forthcoming Elation cruise. Have also had that type of cabin on both the Sensation and Paradise. Those three ships are almost exactly like the Fascination. Nothing wrong with the cabin. A bit smaller than many other "insides", but it appears a bit larger due to not having the "footprint" of an additional bed on the floor.

Exact same goodies [TV/phone/storage/safe] as an outside cabin. Only one thing to remember: Bring a nightlight. It's dark when you turn the lights off
Old March 23rd, 2007, 10:21 AM
Yeoman

I have to say the only way it feels like a dungeon is because you can't tell if it is day or night due to being an inside cabin. The rooms are just a good as any other interior room.

I laugh because that is the way we talked about it too. In Dec we are getting a balcony room. Carla
Old March 23rd, 2007, 11:54 AM
First Mate

my teenage son and I have a 1a booked on Sensation on the upper deck in late July. He loves a bunk bed and ours will actually be an inner-inner, meaning it's one of a few room right near the stern of the ship, a short hallway right between the long port and starboard hallways. We're looking forward to it and again, will only be in the room to sleep, shower, and change clothes!