Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2007, 07:13 AM
Passenger

Default Anyone ever do any of these shore Excusions ? Please help...

First we will stop at Freeport, Bahamas....I see 3 excursions that I am interested in !
1. Junkanoo Beach Party $$(price ?) How did u rate it ?
2. Grand Bahama Coastal Cruise & shopping tour $$(price ?) how did u rate it ?
3.Glass Bottom boat $(price ?) how did u rate it ?

Second we will stop at Costa Maya, Mexico......I see only one really that I am interested in !
1. Jungle Beach Break $(price ?) How did you rate it ?

Third we will stop at Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands.....I see only one that I am interested in !
1. The seven Mile Beach Break With Transport $(price?) How did u rate it ?

As you can see from my choices....they lean towards being on the beach....Are there any ports where the cruise ship DOCKS at that have the beach RIGHT THERE and we would NOT have to book an excursion or pay to lounge around at the beach ? Or to travel by cab ?

I would greatly appreciate any kind of info I can get....I want to have a relaxed trip...not scheduled so much(that's why I don't want to do so many excursions !)

Everyone here has been a huge help to me and I want to "Thank you !" for your time.
Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2007, 07:45 AM
Passenger

In Grand Cayman, I would definitely suggest booking the excursion on the ship, as much of the beach is owned by the resorts and hotels. Captain Marvin's did show a portion of the beach that seemed to be public, but it was many miles from the port, and there was not really anyone there and no amenities.

In Costa Maya, you can get to the small fishing village of Mahahual round trip for $5/person, a very nice beach but no amenities, so if you want amenities/drinks included, you may want to get that through the ship as well. And apparently, there is another beach resort close to the port, but I didn't see this, so I have no knowledge of that resort.

Something to keep in mind, when we were in Costa Maya, we were told that there was no such thing as a private beach, whereas in Grand Cayman, we were told (by the cruise director) that there was no such thing as a public beach.

Caribbean Hotel Reviews

Carnival Victory 2/07--Western Caribbean
Old March 23rd, 2007, 08:14 AM
Passenger

Is that the Seven Mile Beach Break ?