Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2007, 11:10 AM
First Mate

Default passports

applied for passports for my teenage son and myself today. Total cost was $345.00 which included expedited passport service as well as overnight shipping via post office. $127 for my expedited passport and $112 for his expedited passport; the rest was the post office passport service fee plus the overnight shipping fee.

I brought a copy of my divorce judgment (showing I have sole custody) and my son's school photo id as well as my drivers license for them to copy.

I was told I should have the passport in 4-5 weeks. Travel date is July 28th

This cruise is my 8th grade graduation gift to my son. When we go on our next cruise in 2011 (for his high school graduation), we won't have to go through this again.
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2007, 04:48 PM
First Mate

With expedited service you should have it in the 4-5 weeks they told you. Normal service is taking 8-10 weeks maybe more. Too bad you waited so long to get them, you had to all that extra money for the expedited service.

You son will need a new passport in 5 years because he is under 16. Yours will be good for 10 years.

Celebration 2/96
Imagination 2/97
Fascination 12/97
Imagination 3/99
Spirit 11/01
Sensation 1/02
Pride 11/02
Voyager of the Seas 5/03
Conquest 10/04
Conquest 10/29/06
Inspiration 11/08
Celebrity Solstice 2/09
Oasis of the Seas 10/16/10
Old March 24th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Captain

travel isnt for 4 months? why did you pay extra for expedited services? Normal services should have had your passports to you by early June.

Just curious!

have a great trip
Old March 24th, 2007, 07:08 PM
First Mate

Everyone convinced me that I should get the passport for my wife. I have one since I travel for work.

She also has a very demanding job so getting to the only post office in our area that can processes it or the local motor vehicle office is a challenge.

She went to CVS Pharmacy over the week and got her passport photos taken for about $10. We filled out the forms and went to the post office about an hour before closing since Saturday is the only day we can get there.

We now know that there is a standard for the photo. The size needs to be 2 inch which CVS got right, but there is a size for her face. The photo also can not cut off any sections of her hair.

I think the manager of CVS and I are going to have a conversation. They advertise Passport photos but have no clue how to take them.

Brian

Sensation
Old March 24th, 2007, 07:10 PM
First Mate

I wanted expedited service so I had the passports in plenty of time. I've heard the wait is getting longer and longer, and that can only affect expedited service as well.

I guess I could have waited, but I like to have the loose ends tied up, not "wait,"