Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Captain

Default Camp Carnival Question

We are thinking about an adult "date night" on the Formal nights. Does Camp carnival remain open during dinner?

Thanks,

AKcruiser
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2007, 07:02 PM
First Mate

AKcruiser the answer to your question is Yes, the kids have dinner with the camp carnival.

They also have late night slumber parties for the kids which start I think at 10:00 at night to 3:00 in the morning for an extra charge. I don't know how old your kids are, but my daughter was 9 and she absolutely loved it.

Tweetybird
Old March 24th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Captain

Thanks Tweetybird,

My grandsons are 6,7,10,12,14.

AKcruiser
Old March 25th, 2007, 08:48 AM
First Mate

Dear AKCruiser,

Your grandkids are going to have a great time. That is the perfect ages for Camp Carnival. Enjoy your cruise.

Tweetybird
Old March 25th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Captain

Thanks Tweetybird,

I went to Carnival's website and found the section on Camp Carnival. I'm hoping they let the 12 year old go with the 9-11 year old group. he turns 12 just 12 days before we sail and his cousin that he hasn't seen in a year will be in the 9-11 group.

AKcruiser
Old March 25th, 2007, 02:04 PM
First Mate

This makes me wonder - Children are allowed in the Dining Room, aren't they? We are planning a cruise in December with our son and his family. He has a 10 year old daughter, and we would very much like for her to be with us at dinner, unless of course, she is having so much fun at Camp Carnival that she doesn't want to be with us.

Cathy

Free Cruise Clocks
Carnival Conquest - 12/4/2005
Old March 25th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Captain

Children are definately allowed in the dining room. There is a children's menu for them with hot Dogs, Mac and cheese, Chicken nuggets etc.

A lot of the waitstaff have children back home and really enjoy having the children there.

AKcruiser
Old March 27th, 2007, 12:41 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKcruiser
Thanks Tweetybird,

I went to Carnival's website and found the section on Camp Carnival. I'm hoping they let the 12 year old go with the 9-11 year old group. he turns 12 just 12 days before we sail and his cousin that he hasn't seen in a year will be in the 9-11 group.

AKcruiser
Our 13 year old didn't have too many kids his age on board when we went in January. Sometimes he hung out with his 11 year old brother's group. I would imagine if they're not "full" of kids, that would be fine.

Have a great time...my kid's LOVED Camp Carnival.

Rhapsody of the Seas - long ago, in a galaxy far away!
Ecstasy - Jan. 2007
Conquest - Sept. 2007 cruisemates 4Bs
Ecstasy - Jan. 2008
Old March 28th, 2007, 05:27 AM
Admiral

Just to be very clear, Carnival usually only takes the kids to dinner one night on a 7 or 8 day cruise. I do not recall if that night happened to be on a formal night or not. On a typical sea day though Camp Carnival will be open 9-12 a.m., 2-5 p.m., 7-10 p.m. I think we paid $10 per hour for the late night sitting.
Children are most definitely welcome in the dining rooms.
If you want to have more than just the one romantic grown up dinner, you could opt for late seating, and take the kids to eat at the buffet between 5-7 p.m. Then let the kids have a blast at Camp while you have a nice quiet evening.
Old March 28th, 2007, 10:43 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenie weenie
Just to be very clear, Carnival usually only takes the kids to dinner one night on a 7 or 8 day cruise. I do not recall if that night happened to be on a formal night or not. On a typical sea day though Camp Carnival will be open 9-12 a.m., 2-5 p.m., 7-10 p.m.
We went on a 5 night on the Ecstasy in January. The Camp Carnival staff was available to take the kids to dinner 3 of the 5 nights, including formal night. (First night - Monday - and last night - Friday - were the times they didn't do dinner.) CC is closed for lunch every day, unless you leave your children on the ship while you do a shore excursion.

Rhapsody of the Seas - long ago, in a galaxy far away!
Ecstasy - Jan. 2007
Conquest - Sept. 2007 cruisemates 4Bs
Ecstasy - Jan. 2008
Old March 29th, 2007, 07:14 AM
Admiral

Wow that is nice to hear. It was definitely not like that on our Sensation or our Liberty cruise. Then, on port days you had to pick the kiddos up by 4:45 and on Sea Days by 5:00 and they re-opened at 7:00 so the staff could have a dinner break. Sounds like they are expanding their services a little, since on both of our Carnival Cruises there was only one night they took the kids to dinner. My kids will be happy to hear that.

To the OP, you may want to see if you can find a recent copy of the camp carnival capers for your particular sailing and itinerary just to see what your specific options will be.
Old March 30th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Captain

Thanks so much, I appreciate your input!

AKcruiser