Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Vacations to Go

Has anyone ever booked with vacations to go??? What was your experiance??? Are there hidden cost??? They are cheaper then PVP with Carnival. Soooooooooooooooooo help what to do!!!! Thanks
[img]http://www.cruisemates.com/countdown.php?month=11&year=2011&day=30&hour=16:00[img]Carnaval Freedom
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Admiral

My DIL booked one of our cruises through Vacations To Go. We did not have any problems. I don't believe there is any one way to assure you are getting the lowest fare. It is a matter of always shopping around and comparing costs.

I can't recall whether or not there was anything that I considered a "hidden" cost. Contact them and ask the representative what the total cost will be and go from there.

Did this help?
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old March 25th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Admiral

I receive updates from VTG every week and I used that to compare with the cruisesites. I find they are pretty much identical in cost.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old March 25th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Admiral

I've booked with VTG as well, and had no problems at all, and as I recall, good service. As the others have stated, there isn't any way anymore to guarantee that you have the lowest fare. Just do your homework, and compare all the options, and what is offered by other sources. If VTG has a good fare, and I think you'll find that they probably do, then don't be afraid to book with them. Once again, we had no problems at all.

See you aboard,

Ken
Old March 25th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Admiral

I booked one cruise with them (cannot remember which one) as they were the cheapest that I could find. Good service and no issues.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old March 25th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

VTG is a LARGE agency, and they've been around for a long time. Of course, they have many travel agents working for them, and unless you get a recommendation for someone in particular there's a bit of a chance. But at least there's an established agency to back them up.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 25th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Beginner

I have bith VTG and did not have any problems. Great price. good service. Our cruise next week was booked thru Cruise Brothers. Same great service and price.
Old March 26th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Beginner

I booked my last cruise with vacations to go. There were no hidden costs. They were up front with the price. It was easy. However, the agent put me and my sister in a single bed cabin. We were upset that we would have to share a bed for a 7 day cruise. However the cruiseline (Norweigan) changed our rooms to 2 single beds. After the cruise i contacted VTG and let them know what they had done. They offered me a 10% reduction in price for my next cruise if i book with them. i may take them up on the offer. Just make sure you are getting the type of room you want upfront.
Sincerely,
Love to Cruise.
Old March 27th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Beginner

I used Vacations to Go to book a NCLA 7 day cruise of Hawaii for $499 + port fees. I returned from the cruise 2 weeks ago. I will use them again. I had a choice of ships. They directed me to a great deal. I was able to get a cabin to myself paying the per person price for 1, with no single suppliment. If I had to do it again, I would compare the price of Vacations to Go with my previous cruizer rate I am getting on my April 22nd Carnival trip.
Old March 28th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Beginner

I recently booked a cruise on the Conquest in July. I also receive the VTG weekly emails. When I compared the exact cabin type and date, the prices were exactly what the PVP from Carnival offered, except that Carnival offered me better upgrades. Make sure your are comparing exact sailing dates before you decide one is cheaper.
Old March 29th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks everyone. I did go with Vacationa To Go. I really wanted to go with my PVP from Carnival as I really liked working with her and will again I'am sure. We got a 6 night on the Liberty, balcony for 615.00 including port charges and taxes. I called my PVP and Carnival could not match it or beat it. The one thing is you need to pay for the full bill when you book, Thank God I was able to, as that was a great price. Sailing in Oct, can't wait to see the Liberty I hear great things about her!!!
[img]http://www.cruisemates.com/countdown.php?month=11&year=2011&day=30&hour=16:00[img]Carnaval Freedom
Old March 29th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Admiral

Potter, you did well! I'm sure your PVP understands that you are going to take the best deal, and will be back in the future. Have a wonderful cruise!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old April 6th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Beginner

I was trying to get information about Vacations to Go for a trip to Mexico. They quoted me $5382 for seven nights and eight days to the Grand Velas in Puerto Vallarta. The hotel itself quoted me $8750. Same room. How is that possible? When I questioned the rep at VTG he said it was because they were the largest travel agency in the country. If it sounds too good to be true, most times it is but everyone seems to have had a good experience with them.
Old April 6th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Sabrett

I booked both my cruises with vacationstogo. Lots of time I got a quote that was ALOT lower than other places, and I was a little skeptical, but I went with it anyway.

Great customer service, good prices, no hidden costs...I wouldn't deal with anyone else
Old April 7th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Captain

I've used VTG several times. No problems. But if you really want to search for low prices, use the cruise compete link on this site. You will get several quotes within hours via an anonymous link. No TAs calling to bug you, no access to your private email either.
Old April 7th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Beginner

I love the idea of using "cruise compete".....where is that located? Is is the "Online Pricing" at the top? THANKS!!
Old April 7th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Admiral

Cruise Compete is located at cruise compete . com
I have used them and found a very good fare without any problems.
Mariner of the Seas

Old April 7th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Admiral

Yep, CruiseCompete is one of my favorites too. As a matter of fact, that's how I found the agent that I seem to wind up using most of the time now. CruiseCompete is a great way to effortlessly, find out what any particular cruise should be selling for, and then you can make up your mind whether you want to use your "regular" agent, or one of the bidding agents on CruiseCompete. It's simply a Win-Win way to shop for a cruise.

Ken
Old April 15th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Passenger

Default My first post on cruisemates

Vacations to go is great...I've booked my last two cruises with them and they are upfront and honest...for example, on the most recent booking, they offered my cruise at $549. while carnival offered it at $599. Carnival told me that the $549. price was a bunk bed...i called vtg, and expected them to try to con me into getting the bunk, but they were very upfront and honest. I then booked a room with vtg at the 599. price but suddenly carnivals price jumped to 649., well, vtg honered the 599. price, even though they ended up taking a loss on the deal. I found out 5 days later that our ship is at capacity....so I must say that i'm once again impressed very much by vacationstogo, and we'll be sailing from San Diego aboard the Elation on June 25, 2007.
Old April 16th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Admiral

I have no idea how prices are set, but I can tell you from experience that it is in your best interests to shop around on many sites - and not just the mega-sites either. I have used them all : TA's, megas (expedia, travelocity) and the story that I always tell to prove out my point. I used an independent agency with a web site that was out of state, and I booked a cabin on a cruise that other sites did not show existed. The cruise line web site had it listed for a higher rate. I actually spoke to the owner about it and he didn't even have a reasonable answer as to how he could offer this cabin. It was as advertised and we had a great cruise. So . . . . . . search and discover ! Good luck !
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82