Old March 26th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Beginner

Default HELP! "partially obstructed view"

If there is anyone out there that can help me by the end of the day, I would certainly appreciate it. I am a first time cruiser and we are on the main deck. I checked today to see if a suite is available and there is a suite on the verandah deck (Fantasy) but the agent says that there is a partially obstructed view, meaning the lifeboat is partially obstructing the view. My question is...does anyone know for sure how much of the view is obstructed? Can you still sit out on the balcony? Is it worth paying the extra to have this partially obstructed view? (If any of you have cruised on the Fantasy, its V34) I would like to decide today so any quick info would be most helpful! Thanks!
Old March 26th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Admiral

You can still sit out there. Balcony same size as others in that category. Unfortunately, I have no experience with that partiular cabin.
Old March 26th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Beginner

I had a partially obstructed view on the Legend and it really depends on where your cabin is. On my cabin, the top of the life came up the the bottom of my balcony so there is the obstruction but it was minimal. But if I was further up front in the ship, there were life boats that had hard enclosed tops which are much taller then just the canvas covered boats and the view is probably much more obstructed there.

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Glory 5/17/2008
Carnival Fascination 5/12/2008
Carnival Legend 5/20/2006
Old March 26th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

I am currently booked on the Fantasy's sister, the Inspiration, in cabin V34. I booked a suite gty when only the obstructed view cabins were left, and this is the one they gave me. From what I understand, it is the least obstructed of the three obstructed view balconies that are on the port side.

I sail on April 28th, and if you are sailing after that, I will post some pictures of the obstruction.

When I booked the Gty, I was well aware of the fact that the only Cat 11 cabins available were with obstructed view and that I was booking so late, getting a Cat 12 would be out of the question, so I knew what I was accepting. I got it mainly because I am taking my mom, who doesn't yet know that I upgraded us to a balcony, and I know how much she loves the balconies - mainly for just for getting some fresh air in the cabin. We spend minimal amounts of time on the balcony, so the obstruction won't be too bothersome for us.

Jodi
Old March 26th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou 123

Do they give any discount on the regular balcony price due to the obstruction?
9/2005 Carnival Conquest (9 day due to Rita)
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old March 26th, 2007, 10:27 PM
First Mate

I'm actually sort of surprised that they designed a ship where the suites have partically obstructed views.

I don't know why, I just would've assumed they'd make sure that any "minuses" such as obstructed views would go to the "cheap seats," so to speak.....
Old March 26th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou 123
Do they give any discount on the regular balcony price due to the obstruction?
No...
Old March 27th, 2007, 04:46 AM
Admiral

On my very first cruise, our cabin had an obstruction also. I pulled the curtains over the window in our cabin and there was PAINT on the window. It was an inside cabin Now that's an obstruction.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old March 27th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

Mehawk now that was one very funny post! I burst out laughing when I read it.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old October 30th, 2016, 06:01 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Red face Just wondering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn1 View Post
I am currently booked on the Fantasy's sister, the Inspiration, in cabin V34. I booked a suite gty when only the obstructed view cabins were left, and this is the one they gave me. From what I understand, it is the least obstructed of the three obstructed view balconies that are on the port side.

I sail on April 28th, and if you are sailing after that, I will post some pictures of the obstruction.

When I booked the Gty, I was well aware of the fact that the only Cat 11 cabins available were with obstructed view and that I was booking so late, getting a Cat 12 would be out of the question, so I knew what I was accepting. I got it mainly because I am taking my mom, who doesn't yet know that I upgraded us to a balcony, and I know how much she loves the balconies - mainly for just for getting some fresh air in the cabin. We spend minimal amounts of time on the balcony, so the obstruction won't be too bothersome for us.

Jodi
I was kind of wondering what happened with this room.. ? Was it horrible?