Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Captain

Default will a TA adjust cruise prices quoted elsewhere?

I am about to book the Ecstasy for next year (5 night cruise) for 299.00 each. While this is a good price, being mid january i half expect it to fall atleast another 50.00.

That being said i can get ahold of 2 50.00 coupons good for the cruise (were getting 2 inside cabins).

Does anyone ever hear of TA's offering not On board credits for the ecstasy plus letting me use the coupon?

(sounds like im trying to get a free cruise , hey cant blame me for wanting to save as much as possible) Also there will be a 11 yr old and a 23 yr old in one cabin, so should my husband book his cabin with the 11 yr old and me with the 23 yr old and then just let the kids stay together? Will the cruise ship care if we swap cabins?

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Passenger

Default will a TA adjust cruise prices quoted elsewhere

I think if you keep calling to see if the price drops they might be able to do something for you, but don't hold your breath. I just booked my cruise for July directly through Carnival. The following day I got a quote from CruiseCompete for $500.00 less per cabin. When I called my rep from Carnival he told me if I wanted the lower price I would have to canel my reservation with him and rebook with the other agency. He also informed my that I might not get the same cabin as I had when I booked with Carnival. I booked my cruise with another family and we all wanted to be on the same deck because of the kids, so rather than get everyone upset, I didn't persue it. I still really don't understand how a totally diffrent agency could be giving me a better deal than the cruiseline itself. Carnival didn't even offer me an onboard credit.
Old March 30th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

I just spoke with carnival about a future cruise and he said that they could and would adjust the cruise if the rates came down. Now that is what he said, that does not mean he would actually do it when the time comes.
Old March 30th, 2007, 09:42 PM
First Mate

I booked one cabin on a "one day sale". I called back a week later and paid a couple hundred more for a second cabin right next to the first one. I tried and tried to get the same price for the 2nd cabin. They would not do it.

They had another "one day sale". I called and they lowered my price of the 2nd cabin.

I guess that is a long winded way to say that they did lower my price when a sale came along.

Brian

Sensation
Old March 30th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Passenger

Our TA has always lowered our fare if we brought a lower rate to her attn.