CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Yet another Fun Ship Dollars question :) (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/331107-yet-another-fun-ship-dollars-question.html)

lumofny April 3rd, 2007 03:37 PM

Yet another Fun Ship Dollars question :)

I just obtained some Fun Ship dollars from someone who is going to be unable to use them before they expire. I've two simple questions, which I'm sure have been answered countless times on this board before, but I'm lazy...

1). Do these have to be mailed in as they state, or can I show up at the pursers desk, wait in line, and have them applied there to my account as onboard credit?

2). On the back of the 'dollar' it states: "When used as onboard credit, it cannot be used to pay for gratuties." Is this accurate? I was under the assumption that many of you fund your entire cruise and onboard 'activities' entirely with funship dollars before even stepping onboard. Judging by this, though, it can be used toward everything except tips. Is this just one of those rules that goes unfollowed?

3). I will receive a check attached to my bill on the final day for any remaining balance on my S&S account, even if that balance was funded by Fun Ship Dollars, correct?

sjohnson529 April 3rd, 2007 04:44 PM

This is one of those questions where you'll probably get a million different answers LOL

I have heard you can present them at the purser's desk and receive the credit. I would not chance it, I would do as the instructions say and mail it in. But that's just me, I'm paranoid something would go wrong.

You will receive a check on your last night for any amount you didn't use.

I've used them but always mailed them in as stated. Good luck!

ferrangi April 3rd, 2007 04:56 PM

What are funship dollars and how do you get them?

lumofny April 3rd, 2007 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrangi
What are funship dollars and how do you get them?

Fun ship dollars are the name for carnivals gift certificates. They can be purchased directly through their website, or over the phone (I believe). They can be given as gifts to others or to yourself :) Many people pay for their entire cruise and any onboard expenses with fun ship dollars, thus eliminating any bills for the cruise after they return.

Luanne Russo April 3rd, 2007 05:35 PM

The Pursers will accept them from you, on the ship.

rosetattoo April 3rd, 2007 07:07 PM

It is not necessary to mail them in prior to your cruise. We go to the Purser's desk our first sail day and have them apply it to our stateroom account. Our Fun Ship Dollars had no stipulations as far as tips were concerned, we applied them to our account and it funded our gratuities and everything else we charged to our Sail & Sign card, with absolutely no stipulations.

bguppies April 4th, 2007 09:46 AM

I just went to the Purser's Desk on our last cruise in January...

They basically have you sign them as if they were a check.
Then they apply it to your account as if you gave them cash....
(it showed as a cash credit on the sheet they slipped under the door later that night)

I can't imagine how they would differentiate between what you paid for with the Funship Dollars and what you paid cash or credit card for.

Bill