Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 5th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Captain

breaking the rules or not, i'm still bringing a bit of vodka filled to the top so it doesnt slosh when shakend..in an old beauty product bottle.

Cokes for 7 days at 45 each are crazy but i wont pay 3 or more for a coke...thats insane. I still cant believe that they are charging like that for cokes in the first place. I used to work in a restaurant and drinks are what they make thier money on. A soda coming out of a machine costs about 10 cents. My husband maybe drinks 1 soda a day...i'll have a card and i'll buy give him his fix once a day.

As for water...what does the water taste like onboard? This is my DH's drink of choice. Tea is good but he wont drink it after lunch due to the caffiene.
Old April 5th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Captain

The water on the Glory was fine. I filled up the bottles I took on board at embarkation. We had no problem drinking it. They are pretty strick about the purification of their water.
Gary
Glory Western 2-07
Ecstasy 01-08
Ecstasy Feb. 1st. & Feb. 6th. 2010 B to B
Freedom 12-12-10
Freedom 09-24-11
Triumph 09-10-12
Triumph 09-15-12
Triumph 09-23-13
Triumph 09-28-13

Old April 5th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Captain

Nurseypoo,

I don't like the iced tea on the ship at all. But, I make my own using the tea bags provided. My tea tastes great. It takes a little more effort, but it is worth it. The ship also has decaffenated tea, which I use in the afternoon and at night. I love tea, and basically drink it all day long!!

Libragirl
Old September 28th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi! for me.. I use stubbyholder/koozie everytime.. The Koozie is a great approach to keep your wine bottles as well as beverages neat and also relaxing all the period.
***Edited to remove commercial reference***

Last edited by Donna; September 28th, 2011 at 10:17 AM. Reason: removed hyper link
Old September 28th, 2011, 06:32 AM
david30101

I use those small flavor packets that you pour into a glass or water bottle. Also the Lemanade isnt bad and neither is the Pashion fruit punch they have in the mornings.
Old September 29th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Familiar Face

I just got off of the carnival conquest sept 11-18, my friends brought a 6pk of sodas each, and water as well. They did not have any problems bringing it on board. Since Carnival no longer has punch, we also brought those "mio" squirters to use with the water for a change of pace. I cannot drink alcohol (medical reasons), so, I have to get my kicks off of sodas, tea or water. I have never "enjoyed" the tea they have. I usually get a soda card..but this time, I brought a couple of sodas for myself..and when I went to port, I picked up a couple of sodas. I found them from a dollar to two dollars at each port..alot cheaper if you dont need a lot of sodas...I know my friends got a couple of alcoholic drinks ..they were about eight to ten dollars each..and these were not the drink of the day..those are about 12 or so dollars. However..I guess to each their own and whatever floats your boat..always love my cruising experience...
Star Princess 2009
RCI Voyager of the Seas 2010
Carnival Conquest 2010
Carnival Conquest 2011
Old October 1st, 2011, 04:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninamarie View Post
I just got off of the carnival conquest sept 11-18, my friends brought a 6pk of sodas each, and water as well. They did not have any problems bringing it on board. Since Carnival no longer has punch, we also brought those "mio" squirters to use with the water for a change of pace. I cannot drink alcohol (medical reasons), so, I have to get my kicks off of sodas, tea or water. I have never "enjoyed" the tea they have. I usually get a soda card..but this time, I brought a couple of sodas for myself..and when I went to port, I picked up a couple of sodas. I found them from a dollar to two dollars at each port..alot cheaper if you dont need a lot of sodas...I know my friends got a couple of alcoholic drinks ..they were about eight to ten dollars each..and these were not the drink of the day..those are about 12 or so dollars. However..I guess to each their own and whatever floats your boat..always love my cruising experience...
yes there is no problem bringing on 12 20 ounce drinks per person and 1 bottle of wine pp as long as you carry it on.

The rules now are different from when this thread was started 4 years ago.

Bill
Old October 1st, 2011, 08:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

Wow! This thread got brought back to life with some very old information. It is 1 bottle of Wine/Champagne per person 21 and over. They ask that you limit non-alcoholic drinks to a 12 pack per person. They want all such liquids to be carried on. The Liquor and Beverage Policy can be found in the link below.

Cruise Deals, Discount Cruises, and Cruise Vacations | Carnival Cruise Lines
Old October 1st, 2011, 11:51 AM
Captain

Smile

I was thinking on our next we would bring along a couple kegs of beer maybe a few cases of rum. I wonder if we could get a water truck on board without them noticeing! Oh cant forget the 8 cases of soda I dont think anyone will notice!Come on theres plenty to drink for free on board and if you want a drink from the bar pry open your wallet blow all the dust out and have fun you are on vaction
Old October 1st, 2011, 02:00 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhill View Post
I was thinking on our next we would bring along a couple kegs of beer maybe a few cases of rum. I wonder if we could get a water truck on board without them noticeing! Oh cant forget the 8 cases of soda I dont think anyone will notice!Come on theres plenty to drink for free on board and if you want a drink from the bar pry open your wallet blow all the dust out and have fun you are on vaction
I can remember the early days of Carnival when you could bring as much booze as you could carry.How things have changed!
Old October 2nd, 2011, 12:38 PM
Welcome Newcomer

So, if Carnival's website does not include the new non-alcoholic beverage restrictions, are they enforcing a new policy without notification?
Old October 2nd, 2011, 01:12 PM
Admiral

$12.00 dollars for the drink of the day? WOW that went up from my cruise in 2009! I find that hard to believe.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old October 2nd, 2011, 08:49 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayfieldfarm View Post
So, if Carnival's website does not include the new non-alcoholic beverage restrictions, are they enforcing a new policy without notification?
Here's what the website says:
"On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less." Here's the link: Cruise Deals, Discount Cruises, and Cruise Vacations | Carnival Cruise Lines

If you are sailing soon I'd suggest you print out the section referenced, and if you have any problems show it to the appropriate person(s).

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Old October 25th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Familiar Face

We were just on a cruise last month and the the only time the drinks were that much is when they are in the special cups. Like the Whale Tale or Blow fish. The others were still $8. We did not know it until we bought a blow fish cup. Live and learn. we cruise again on January 20th
Old October 25th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Admiral

Sisternature is right--we were on the Dream a month ago and the drink of the day was $8 dollars. They did have some special drink holders like a blow fish or some such that ran about $12.dollars.
Old October 26th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro
Default Taking drinks on board

Our friends just came off the Dream a few months ago and had their bottle of scotch taken and a bottle of wine also. They gave it back to them at the end of the cruise. He put his scotch in a clear smaller bottle and his wife took a larger size bottle of wine. They were told only one regular size bottle of wine per person was allowed. So they figured they had to go through the suitcase to see the scotch since it was not in a regular liquor bottle.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old November 4th, 2011, 08:24 PM
First Mate

I just got back from a Carnival cruise. I'm not going to say *who* but I rode with 4 women in the park and ride van from to the port. They just happened to be staying in a cabins on my same deck a few cabins down. They had each smuggled a bottle of booze in their "checked" luggage. Three of the four got their bottles confiscated. One got through so she had her bottle the whole trip, no problem. The other three got their confiscated bottles back at the end of the cruise.

Last edited by snorklr45; November 4th, 2011 at 08:26 PM. Reason: misspelling