CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Repeat cruiser perks/discounts? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/331139-repeat-cruiser-perks-discounts.html)

debrn April 4th, 2007 12:27 AM

Repeat cruiser perks/discounts?

I read once where one should apply on the cruiseline's website as a repeat cruiser or some such thing for possible perks--but I can't seem to find anything on CArnival's site to match that discription. I'm all for perks and such...Can anyone help me?

marvlgirl April 4th, 2007 12:37 AM

So this will be my 3rd cruise with Carnival. We are taking my parents on this cruise for their anniversary. They have never cruised before with Carnival. My price was $150pp cheaper, Carnival was having a prior cruiser special when I booked. Also there is a past guest party that we get to go to. I know when you get up there you in cruises like 10 or more you get a bunch of stuff also. Just dont know what yet!

jpmaximus April 4th, 2007 01:14 AM

Well once you have sailed Carnival you will have a past guest # and when you are searching for cruises you can enter this number and sometimes you will be offered a bargain price. Look for Past Guest Bargains on the Carnival website.

wakedreams April 4th, 2007 07:52 AM

Platinum guests (10+ Carnival cruises) get alot more stuff.....

I believe there is a complete list on the Carnival.com site somewhere.....

like...
VIP check in
a tray of canapes in your cabin
free laundry service

there are more...but these are the ones that I remember.

Im working on number 6 - only 4 more to go.

CROOOOZIN April 4th, 2007 09:41 AM

What's a canepe? :-?

GaryI April 4th, 2007 09:50 AM

Croozin;
A canapé or canape (known in Italy as tartine) is a small, prepared and usually decorative hors d'oeuvres, held in the fingers and often eaten in one bite. Because they are often served during cocktail hours, it is often desired that a canapè be either salty or spicy, in order to encourage guests to drink more. A canapé may also be referred to as finger food, although not all finger foods are canapés. Crackers or small slices of bread or toast cut into various shapes serve as a base for such savory foods as meat, cheese, fish, caviar, foie gras, purees or relish.
Basically a snack

CROOOOZIN April 4th, 2007 09:54 AM

Gary I appreciate it. I wasn't sure if it was a fruit or snack. Thanks again.

skymaster April 4th, 2007 10:15 AM

The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I are platinum, and we get all kinds of little perks. The best one IMO is the priority check in and debarkation. We usually get all the stuff mentioned, as well as a book containing lots of discounts ie: free slot tournament entry, free photos, discounts in the gift shop, and lots of other discounts and freebies. Free laundry service is nice too. :D

See y'all aboard,

Ken

BobMiller April 4th, 2007 10:35 AM

We've booked our last two cruises through Carnival and were given our choice of standard balcony cabins at the price of the balcony gaurantee. The TAs told us that was the past guest special.

Not bad, pay the cheapest price but still get to pick our cabin, but also get to pick any deck that has a standard balcony cabin.

IzaCruiseJunky April 7th, 2007 09:22 AM

Past cruiser perks

I recently booked a four night cruise on fascination for this Oct. I booked with Carnival and was offered free upgrades to the Empress deck (inside) for being a past cruiser. However my military discount was far better than the past cruiser discount. I was offered the Empress deck (2 port hole windows) for $218.00 pp. Can't beat that! I also just used the military discount for a cruise on Valor got a great price and we still had all the past guest perks