CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   expedited passport took less than 2 weeks! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/331158-expedited-passport-took-less-than-2-weeks.html)

michellet1959 April 4th, 2007 12:44 PM

expedited passport took less than 2 weeks!

I paid for expedited service (Chicago area) (on March 24th) and got them yesterday. I think some areas may have backups whereas others don't. Well, in ten years I will certainly NOT be paying for expedited service.

I know some people seem to be waiting a long time.

dina April 4th, 2007 12:46 PM

Thank you for the heads up.. Thats good news. :D

michellet1959 April 4th, 2007 12:49 PM

you're welcome....

I sure feel ripped off though.

dina April 4th, 2007 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michellet1959
you're welcome....

I sure feel ripped off though.

Well.. when dealing with the government... don't take anything for granted. LOL

KERI2308 April 4th, 2007 01:43 PM

I applied over four weeks ago for my 2 sons. I didn't expedite them and the status of them have not even been posted when I go online to check the status. I have a feeling we are not going to get them before our cruise. Well we dont need them for the ports we are going to. Hopefully we dont miss the ship or have to fly home for some reason.

kk41 April 4th, 2007 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KERI2308
I applied over four weeks ago for my 2 sons. I didn't expedite them and the status of them have not even been posted when I go online to check the status. I have a feeling we are not going to get them before our cruise. Well we dont need them for the ports we are going to. Hopefully we dont miss the ship or have to fly home for some reason.

We applied for ours 2/26 and still don't have any status online. I didn't expedite either.

KERI2308 April 4th, 2007 08:03 PM

Wow I guess they are really backed up. I did email them to check the status it said it will take 2 days to get a response so hopefully I will find something out then.

CROOOOZIN April 5th, 2007 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KERI2308

:shock: Keri the same thing with me. I wonder if my wife emailed them yet. LOL

KERI2308 April 5th, 2007 08:58 AM

Croooozin
I would say yes. Because if your wife is anything like me. She is probably on top of things and takes care of everything that needs to be done. She is probably wonderful and beutiful and you probably couldn't live without her. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :wink:

pamela1228 April 5th, 2007 10:26 AM

I applied for my passport on 02/01/07, received it 04/02/07 and had to send it back on 04/03/07 becasue they "Us Passport" listed my BD incorrect. "They made me 7 years older" :(

jaymah2005 April 5th, 2007 12:16 PM

I paid to expedite my passport application in Orlando. I visited the post office on Thursday March 22nd and recieved my passport on Sunday April 1. 10 days total, only 6 business days.

I am sorry to hear that some of you are still waiting, but from a personal standpoint, I'm happy that paying extra actually got me an "extra" service.

kk41 April 6th, 2007 05:21 PM

Finally was able to find my passport online today. Since I didn't expedite service, the site said I should receive my passport 10 weeks from the date I applied. At least it is in the works!