Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 6th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Passenger

Default Transportation from cruise ship to MCO

Transportation question again
What is the best way for three women to get back to Orlando airport once our ship comes in? I am very nervous about this. First time cruiser and I really do not know what I am doing. Do I flag down a taxi or take a shuttle? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 6th, 2007, 01:31 AM
Captain

for 3 women... I'd check to see if there is a car rental agency nearby a lot of them let you drop off at the airport for no extra fee.
Old April 6th, 2007, 06:34 AM
First Mate

You can take a car rental shuttle from the ship to any of the major car rental companies.

A one way car rental back to the airport is around $60 after tax.

what time you flying out?

Brian

Sensation
Old April 6th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Passenger

We are taking the carnival shuttle $35 one way per person.
How are you getting to the ship? Or should I say from orlando to the ship?
Old April 6th, 2007, 12:13 PM
First Mate

We are taking the carnival shuttle ($35 one way per person) both on the day of the cruise and the day it ends, we are staying at a hotel by the airport the night before and the night after the cruise.

I'll be picking up a rental car once the shuttle gets us back to the airport after the cruise, so we can drive around Orlando that day and will return it to rhte airport before our flight home the next day.
Old April 6th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Passenger

I'm flying in the night before picking up a car from Budget. I will drop it in Port Caneveral and they are going to take me back to the cruise terminal. When I arrive back after the cruise they will pick me up again. I take the car back to my hotel in Orlando and drop it the following morning when I fly out. This is costing me about $60.00 in each direction. That is a big savings over the now $75.00 roundtrip per person bus that Carnival is offering.
Old April 6th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the help. I am renting a car from National and driving it to Cocoa beach. (the day before we cruise) Maybe I will rent the car back to Orlando. Hopefully they (National) can pick us up from the port. I will call and find out.
Thanks again, Tanna Banana
Old April 7th, 2007, 08:22 PM
First Mate

I am going to stay in Orlando for three days after the cruise.

I decided to pay for the car for the week so that I don't lose time going back to the rental agency after I disembark. I want to go to the Disney parks after I disembark.

Brian

Sensation
Old April 7th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Admiral

I would like to see my SO take a shuttle if it were a group.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.